Recipe Mini Spinach and Cheese Rolls

Miaka_M

Veteran
Local time
7:25 AM
Any combination of spinach and cheese is heavenly, the flavours seems like they were made for each other. Whenever I host a gathering I make sure I make these mini Spinach and Cheese rolls. I guess it's like Spanakopita, but on a smaller level. We use phyllo sheets, stuffed with steamed spinach, Philadelphia cream cheese, a sprinkle of mozzarella, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste and bake until it's a little brown. I don't brush egg since I can't eat it. They taste amazing and I find them great for appetizers.

Mmm... sounds like a great idea to try out!

I remember to have eaten sushi that came rolled into spinach leaves rather than algae, and because this sushi had also Philadelphia cream cheese it had a tasty flavor. Now prepared in the way you instruct, I think it's much, much tastier!

Mmmm that recipe sounds delicious, especially as I love Philadelphia cream cheese and mozzarella. :) I'll have to try it out this weekend. They also sound like they'd make a great appetizer for a Christmas party. They'd make a great savory option for vegetarians too.

Phyllo is my goto container for appies. I use feta when I use spinach as I prefer the flavour of the feta and can use less of it as it the flavour is stronger than cream cheese or mozzarella.

Another filling that I do is Minced olives, Sundried tomatoes and ricotta. A package of phyllo pastry makes a lot of appies so I will often make up a couple of different fillings - it just requires I have a couple of different folding techniques to distinguish them.

Mmmm that recipe sounds delicious, especially as I love Philadelphia cream cheese and mozzarella. :) I'll have to try it out this weekend. They also sound like they'd make a great appetizer for a Christmas party. They'd make a great savory option for vegetarians too.

Yes! That's exactly the hosting that I usually do - a Christmas Party. People actually look forward to this little bundle of spinach goodness in their mouths. I'm actually a vegetarian as well, so yes, it is an amazing option for us. I got the idea from trying out spinach and cheese samosa and I love Philadelphia cream cheese, it all just seems right. I tried it with my mother and we've loved it ever since. Actually, I think I'm long over due from making these, I shall invest some time into them! :D

Any combination of spinach and cheese is heavenly, the flavours seems like they were made for each other. Whenever I host a gathering I make sure I make these mini Spinach and Cheese rolls. I guess it's like Spanakopita, but on a smaller level. We use phyllo sheets, stuffed with steamed spinach, Philadelphia cream cheese, a sprinkle of mozzarella, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste and bake until it's a little brown. I don't brush egg since I can't eat it. They taste amazing and I find them great for appetizers.
I love the combo of spinach and cheese together so I will have to try this out. I plan on doing some experimenting with different cheese combinations and see what I like the best.

Yum, that sounds so good! Is there an alternative to phyllo though? I wonder if you can get the same effect if you use like a crescent roll or something like that. I don't cook enough with phyllo to know how to not screw it up, though admittedly I would love to do it :)

Back
Top Bottom