Morning Glory (Water Spinach)

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
3:01 AM
[Mod. Edit - post copied from another thread to form new topic]

My wife bought some Morning Glory in the market this evening. It's getting dark now; I'll capture an image in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife bought some Morning Glory in the market this evening. It's getting dark now; I'll capture an image in the morning.

Coincidentally Ocado (on-line supermarket) have started stocking it and I ordered some to arrive tomorrow - so I'll also photograph it. I've never tried it before but I think its like spinach. How are you going to cook it?

I think I'm going to make a morning glory and potato curry so I'm not using it Thai style - it seems to be used in Bengali dishes such as this one:

12.jpg

kolmi-saaker-chorchori-water-spinach-curry-with-vegetables

Here is what I did with the leaves - Kolmi Saag Aloo (Morning Glory & Potato Curry). I'm very excited about this. Its one of the best curries I ever made. Not so much to do with the Morning Glory, which tastes quite similar to spinach - maybe a touch more mineral tasting, but the technique. I tempered the whole spices in mustard oil to start with. I've never tried that before... I'll post up the recipe when I get a chance. I'm using the hollow stems for another dish.

fullsizeoutput_484e.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom