Morton's Nature's Seasonings

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
5:22 PM
Has anyone else ever tried this? I'm a fan of the Morton's Season-All seasoning blend, but I had never tried Nature's Seasonings until yesterday.

It's basically a blend of salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, celery seed and a little sugar. The label emphasizes that there is no MSG - so perhaps this was meant to sort of replicate the flavor enhancing effects of MSG? It sort of sounds like it, particularly with the inclusion of sugar (sweet) and celery (savory).

I was generally pretty pleased with this, since I often season stuff with just salt, pepper, parsley and garlic anyhow, this is pretty convenient.

I also tried a recipe on the Morton's site for a simple Italian Dressing by mixing this with oil and vinegar and it came out very well too. Not as sour and overpowering as the Good Seasons mix can be and it doesn't include any thickeners to give it a weird viscosity. There is also a recipe for buttermilk dressing with this, just add it to mayo and buttermilk - but I haven't tried that yet.

I don't like seasoning blends that have salt in them. I like to be able to control the amount of salt I put into whatever I make so if I were to try this I would try to see if there were salt free versions. Usually, I just take different spices and mix them myself.

Back
Top Bottom