Most Exotic Cuisine For Theme Party?

Kate

Veteran
Local time
9:26 AM
I've been known to throw theme parties with cuisines highlighted that guests are generally not familiar with. After doing it so often, though, I'm running out of ideas. Any thoughts on a very unique cuisine that I could plan a dinner party around? It would need to be one that has ingredients I can readily find in the US, though... or at least order online through a US merchant. I have no idea where to start since I've already done so many of them, but I love doing this! :woot:

How about... just take a map and pick a country and see what kind of traditional foods they have?

You could try one of the nordic countries if you like fish. Lots of unique options there, though some ingredients might be a bit hard to come by.

Thanks, crimsonghost747... that could certainly prove to be interesting. I'd have to stay away from the "fishy" places though, since that's not one of our favorites. Maybe a remote island somewhere and dinner party guests will be required to wear grass skirts. :whistling: Uh... no! And besides, an island would probably cook a lot of fish. Well so much for that idea!

I'm not too concerned about ingredients because I suppose most can be found online... I'm just never sure of how it plays out on the credit/debit card when ordering from another country. I ran into a huge problem with that a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom