Most Hated Food Smells

I hate almost all seafood, especially shellfish, and whenever I smell any type of these, I feel very nauseous and somewhat disgusted. I don't know why this is, though, as this is something I've had ever since I could remember, and even though there are a good amount of different foods that I don't like, no other smell makes me as revolted the smell of shellfish. On a slightly unrelated note, I think I have a natural distaste for the sea because I don't like beaches either.

Do any food smells make you feel the same way as I do, and if so, do you like these foods and just hate the smell, or do you hate everything about them?

I also hate the smell of the seafood. All of them. Their smell is very unappetizing.

I hate the smell of bacon cooking. I'm not a fan of bacon anyway, but my boyfriend cooks it until it's way too crispy, and the whole house smells like bacon and grease for days.

I also hate the smell of anything deepfrying... once the oil reaches a certain temperature, it's too much for me. It makes me feel oily and nasty.

Nothing specific, but I kind of hate the smell of food.

Let me back up. When the food is cooking, I love the smell. When we're eating, I love the smell. After we're done, I want that smell gone. I hate when the smell of food lingers, it drives me crazy.

Nothing specific, but I kind of hate the smell of food.

Let me back up. When the food is cooking, I love the smell. When we're eating, I love the smell. After we're done, I want that smell gone. I hate when the smell of food lingers, it drives me crazy.

This happens for me too, sometimes, especially when I get really full and especially if the food smells are too pungent. I don't really mind it too much when I didn't overeat, though, but I experienced this when I sometimes ate too much at a buffet and I often felt nauseous from smelling the food after that.

Broccoli that has been cooked has a bad aroma though it is good for the body.

The smell of cook broccoli is horrendous! I hate the smell of Parmesan cheese. I get nauseous every time I smell it. My sister loves soy cheese which smells that old sneakers. She hates it when I say that, but it does. I don't eat anything made me soy cheese.

Raclette cheese. I don't know why. I'm all right with the smell of most other cheeses, even blue cheeses that most other people despise, but around melting Raclette I feel like I'm being gassed--as in, by farts. That's unpleasant.

Yes a lot of seafood smells horrible. I also have to agree with the ones who said cabbage, yuck! I don't mind the taste of cabbage though, it's just the smell that puts me off.

I can see where people might be put off by the smell of cabbage, but I love the taste of it so much, that I am pretty forgiving with the smells if gives off while cooking.

Recently I decided to try out a recipe for caramelized onions in my crock pot. At first this sounded like a genius idea, and a foolproof way of cooking them evenly without scorching them at all. What I neglected to consider was how strongly these would smell while cooking all day in my crock pot. The smell was hideous and overpowering and stunk up my whole place. I will stick with cooking them in a frying pan from now on. There was really no benefit to cooking them in the slow cooker, especially since I needed to scrub down all my walls to help get rid of the smell afterwards.

Hands down it has to be Brussels sprouts and cabbage. I will occasionally eat some cabbage to be polite but I will never, NEVER eat Brussels sprouts!

When I was pregnant the last time I could not stand the smell of raw meat. I was like this for several months much to my husbands dismay. Now I don't care to smell eggs cooking (but I do still cook them anyway). There was a point in time when I could not cook them or be in the house as they were being cooked. This stemmed from getting sick off of eggs once when I was little. I don't care to have the fishy/seafood smell throughout the house either. I don't like to smell anything that is burnt and burnt popcorn is my least favorite.

When I was pregnant the last time I could not stand the smell of raw meat. I was like this for several months much to my husbands dismay. Now I don't care to smell eggs cooking (but I do still cook them anyway). There was a point in time when I could not cook them or be in the house as they were being cooked. This stemmed from getting sick off of eggs once when I was little. I don't care to have the fishy/seafood smell throughout the house either. I don't like to smell anything that is burnt and burnt popcorn is my least favorite.

Burnt popcorn smell is awful. Especially since it tends to linger on and on. You can have the windows open and it's still there!

Burnt popcorn smell is awful. Especially since it tends to linger on and on. You can have the windows open and it's still there!

Yes burnt popcorn does tend to linger. Once someone microwaved some popcorn at work and burnt it. We had a very small office. The smell was overwhelming. I went home with my clothes and my hair smelling like burnt popcorn. After showering I had to go out and febreeze my vehicle really well. I ended up having to do this three times and leave the windows down before the smell left the car. Just thinking about it makes me rather sick.

Yes, burnt popcorn can really be nasty, especially when it really gets toasted. I had a roommate and she deliberately burned popcorn but not to the awful point. Everyone knew when she was around because the smell permeated the entire building when she burnt the popcorn.

Yes burnt popcorn does tend to linger. Once someone microwaved some popcorn at work and burnt it. We had a very small office. The smell was overwhelming. I went home with my clothes and my hair smelling like burnt popcorn. After showering I had to go out and febreeze my vehicle really well. I ended up having to do this three times and leave the windows down before the smell left the car. Just thinking about it makes me rather sick.

Living in a dorm in college, it seemed there was always someone burning their popcorn, and the smell would engulf the entire hallway. Fast forward many years, someone recently burned popcorn at work. This was on the third floor, I work on the fourth floor. As long as our office door stayed closed, we were fine. But as soon as I stepped into the stairwell, that smell hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't know how they managed to still work in that, they never have their windows open on that floor.

Living in a dorm in college, it seemed there was always someone burning their popcorn, and the smell would engulf the entire hallway. Fast forward many years, someone recently burned popcorn at work. This was on the third floor, I work on the fourth floor. As long as our office door stayed closed, we were fine. But as soon as I stepped into the stairwell, that smell hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't know how they managed to still work in that, they never have their windows open on that floor.

Oh yikes! I think I would have had to go home for the day if I worked on the same floor and had to smell the burnt popcorn all day long. I am quite sure that the person who burned the popcorn had to hear about it the rest of the week from their coworkers! I just cannot stand that smell.

Back
Top Bottom