Movie night

Um, the surgery was today, and they are taking sutures out today? :scratchhead:

CD
Yes, it was a puncture into a vein in her groin to get up to her heart to do the cauterizing, not an incision, so I think that’s why it gets treated a little differently.

After that, she had to lie still on her back for something like three hours, then they took the sutures out, dressed it, and after another hour, they came back and made sure she wasn’t bleeding, then walked her around for a few minutes, checked it again, then sent her home.

Yes, it was a puncture into a vein in her groin to get up to her heart to do the cauterizing, not an incision, so I think that’s why it gets treated a little differently.

After that, she had to lie still on her back for something like three hours, then they took the sutures out, dressed it, and after another hour, they came back and made sure she wasn’t bleeding, then walked her around for a few minutes, checked it again, then sent her home.
Hope it's done the trick.
A scary procedure quite simply because doing the consent form and signing you understand you might die during it is frankly a terrifying document!

Hope it's done the trick.
A scary procedure quite simply because doing the consent form and signing you understand you might die during it is frankly a terrifying document!
That, and she was initially told she’d be completely out for it, but the day of, they said no, it was just twilight sedation, so she was awake, though not completely alert, for it.

She likes that stuff, though, so she was ok with most of it. She was able to watch the procedure on a monitor, which she enjoyed, but they had to trigger an episode, which she didn’t like, and when they burned it off, she said she could definitely feel it in her chest and her shoulder.

I just had a surgical biopsy on Wednesday, and I was totally out for mine, and that’s the way I like it. I wish they’d put me out for everything! :laugh:

That, and she was initially told she’d be completely out for it, but the day of, they said no, it was just twilight sedation, so she was awake, though not completely alert, for it.

She likes that stuff, though, so she was ok with most of it. She was able to watch the procedure on a monitor, which she enjoyed, but they had to trigger an episode, which she didn’t like, and when they burned it off, she said she could definitely feel it in her chest and her shoulder.

I just had a surgical biopsy on Wednesday, and I was totally out for mine, and that’s the way I like it. I wish they’d put me out for everything! :laugh:
Twilight sedation usually causes memory loss at the time it's used so I'm surprised she remembers watching it on the monitor and yer cauterisation is not fun to be on the receiving end of.

Oh, and back to movies, since MrsT was sort of tired last night, we went for a “dumb but fun” ‘80’s sword-and-sorcery movie, “The Barbarians.”

I have to say, it was good fun, and it didn’t take itself too seriously. The movie starred two bodybuilding twins, and a running gag in the story was, whatever one wanted, the other one wanted, just like two little kids.

Oh, and back to movies, since MrsT was sort of tired last night, we went for a “dumb but fun” ‘80’s sword-and-sorcery movie, “The Barbarians.”

I have to say, it was good fun, and it didn’t take itself too seriously. The movie starred two bodybuilding twins, and a running gag in the story was, whatever one wanted, the other one wanted, just like two little kids.
You might like a knights tale then. Thats all dumb fun that doesn't take itself seriously.

Last night, we watched Renfield, with Nick Cage as Dracula. Very violent, and Awkwafina is
well, Awkwafina, but it’s worth it just to see Cage go OTT in his portrayal of The Count.

Back
Top Bottom