Much Better Frozen Dinner Selections Now!

Kate

Veteran
Local time
11:16 PM
I'm going to assume that a frozen dinner tossed into the microwave can be considered "ready to eat." It's totally cooked and everything... so that said, I've noticed a much healthier selection of frozen dinners now. Yes, right beside the fat and sodium-laden options, but the "healthy" section of the food case is increasing.

Do you use frozen dinners at all? If so, is it mostly the healthy or vegetarian selections, or the traditional? I'm buying more and more of the healthy stuff for my quick lunches... never thought I'd be saying that, but not only is there a better selection now, they seem to taste a lot better than they did in the past, too.

Anyone else notice? :hungry:

I don't very often, but I like the Amy's Kitchen brand when I do.

I think the rise of vegetarian and vegan consumers has grown the quality accordingly.

I have noticed more healthy frozen dinners in the supermarket as well. I like to eat the Smart ones frozen dinners. I like the taste and variety. My favorite is the cheddar potatoes and broccoli. It is very good.

Not a big fan of them. If I need something quickly I'll just make a proper sandwich or maybe just throw some baked beans in tomato sauce to the microwave.

Also be careful with all these "healthy foods" which you see everywhere nowadays. Most of them are far from actually being that healthy, so read carefully to see what it has in it before thinking it's good for you.

from a vegan customer point of view - they still have a long way to go in the frozen meal option. Though there are some really nice 'sausages' out there, but when you can't even pick up a bag of frozen chips without having to check they are actually vegan (and some are not even vegetarian), there is still a very long way to go!

Yeah a,lot of frozen dinners are not geared toward vegans. I think that's sad because there are a lot of them out there and they should be able to buy frozen dinners for their diet just like everyone else.

There are, but the prices of them have also gone up pretty substantially as well. I'm mostly tempted to just make my own frozen meals in advance instead of spending so much on some of these prepared meals. I mean, the Amy's ones are good for example, as are the Kashi ones, but I could make those for a fraction of the cost and have them be every bit as healthy.

Oh man I'd admit I HATE microwave frozen food. If there's a section to put it in oven, I'd do that. I can tell you it's really not worth buying frozen veggies ,you are better off buying a rice cooker and steam them. It's fast and so much easier too. I did try LEAN CUISINE pasta before though it was OK, I'd rather cook my own spaghetti and put it in the fridge and reheated it next day in microwave if I have to. I don't mind reheating my food in microwave so I'd cook before bed and reheat them when I get up in microwave. Frozen food though,they always have this smell that it's been sitting in the fridge for a long time so..

I like some frozen dinners, but I'm picky when it comes down to what I eat. I like to eat healthy frozen dinners because I wa.t to.stay healthy.

yeah it's true, as long as you trust the brand of food you're eating, frozen food can have quiality and good taste. i trust the kind of brands that i know how they cook or prepare these dinners, like Aviko, Eurofrits and so many more :thumbsup:

I have cut back a lot on my frozen foods and started eating more home cooked meals. I still buy the frozen dinners but only on certain occasions.

I like the Amy's frozen dinners, and some of the Weight Watchers ones. I'm pretty picky about what frozen dinners I eat and I don't eat them that often.

I used to love frozen dinners by the end of the 1990s when I was very proud of my microwave oven, mostly because of its design that based on its functionality.

Actually I don't have a microwave oven nor the willingness to try frozen dinners. Here most of them are really costly and I believe it's not worth pay for them if I can cook most of those selections and serve fresh dishes instead.

Price is a very good point. I never even touch them since... I believe in general they are around 3-4 euros per meal in here. And I'd probably need two to feel full. So that's 6-8 euros for a meal.. which is quite much to be honest.

Yeah they are high here too. I cut back on the amount I eat because of this. I either eat a home cooked meal or I eat out. I have been eating more home cooked meals

Back
Top Bottom