Music and food

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:16 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
[Mod.Edit. This post moved to form new topic (MG)]

Music and Food. Or better, listening to music as you are cooking; does anyone like to listen to music while cooking?
To me it’s a big no-no. I’d listen music every time and everywhere, but I can’t stand it during meal preparation, I need to stay focused on what I’m making, in silence, even if is only filling a sandwich. I’ve tried some time but it’s not for me, it get me nervous somehow. Am I the only one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Music and Food. Or better, listening to music as you are cooking; does anyone like to listen to music while cooking?
To me it’s a big no-no. I’d listen music every time and everywhere, but I can’t stand it during meal preparation, I need to stay focused on what I’m making, in silence, even if is only filling a sandwich. I’ve tried some time but it’s not for me, it get me nervous somehow. Am I the only one?
I do it all the time. Either that, or listening to podcasts or Youtube videos.

[Mod.Edit. This post moved to form new topic (MG)}

Same as you. It has to be silence when cooking.

I often have the TV on when I'm cooking. It can be just about anything, as long as it's not something that requires my full attention.

Not me. Shostakovich for music and Opera, preferably Giuseppe Verdi or Puccini. Not loud though, just background.

I think I will try this sometime. I imagine those surgeons who like to have music playing when they operate. But, if I do this, I would want the music to suit the dish:
  • Jazz while preparing Cajun cuisine.
  • Mozart when making German food.
  • Puccini for Italian food.
  • The Blues when barbecuing.
But, I would tend to leave the music off when making burgers: I don't want them to burn while I'm waiting for the chorus.

Last edited:
Depends, if I am tired, I prefer silence, if I am vibrant, different background music is very nice...normally it would not be classical, as it takes my full professional attention...and the stove and fire take charge😂...

There are weekends where I listen to Salsa, to Eros Ramazzotti, to Chris Stapleton, guitar solos, Tibetan chimes, water sounds, a variety really, depending on what mood I wish to achieve😁

Depends, if I am tired, I prefer silence, if I am vibrant, different background music is very nice...normally it would not be classical, as it takes my full professional attention...and the stove and fire take charge😂...

There are weekends where I listen to Salsa, to Eros Ramazzotti, to Chris Stapleton, guitar solos, Tibetan chimes, water sounds, a variety really, depending on what mood I wish to achieve😁

Water sounds? This intrigues me!

I often have the TV on when I'm cooking. It can be just about anything, as long as it's not something that requires my full attention.

I think I will try this sometime. I imagine those surgeons who like to have music playing when they operate. But, if I do this, I would want the music to suit the dish:
  • Jazz while preparing Cajun cuisine.
  • Mozart when making German food.
  • Puccini for Italian food.
  • The Blues when barbecuing.
But, I would tend to leave the music off when making burgers: I don't want them to burn while I'm waiting for the chorus.
I do heavy metal or dance music with everything, that may explain some of my culinary disasters :laugh:

Water sounds? This intrigues me!
Yes, most often I would listen to ocean sounds. Sometimes rain...

The ocean sounds are wonderful , they include some birds too...

When I listen to shakuhachi, the Japanese traditional wind instrument, if I am not mistaken, there was a piece that included water drops, but it might have been a movie🙈

Anyways, love the sound of water, waterfalls too...I might get one of those mini zen marble room fountains...

Recently I bought a difuser, and it makes adorable sound of water bubbling and individual drops dropping...

I do heavy metal or dance music with everything, that may explain some of my culinary disasters :laugh:
Metal I listen very carefully to, not while cooking at all, because my boyfriend loves it(not only metal), and I love broadening my music hirizons and getting a deeper nonverbal glimpse into his soul.
Metallica Nothing else matters I even played a piano cover and recorded it for him. Wonderful song!

Back
Top Bottom