Music and food

Yes, most often I would listen to ocean sounds. Sometimes rain...

The ocean sounds are wonderful , they include some birds too...

When I listen to shakuhachi, the Japanese traditional wind instrument, if I am not mistaken, there was a piece that included water drops, but it might have been a movie🙈

Anyways, love the sound of water, waterfalls too...I might get one of those mini zen marble room fountains...

Recently I bought a difuser, and it makes adorable sound of water bubbling and individual drops dropping...

I so like this! Apart from listening to it during cooking time (I’ll give it a try) I’d listening to it just to relax maybe as I’m doing my pilates exercises. I think it might fits perfectly. On my list! Thank you for the idea

Yes, most often I would listen to ocean sounds. Sometimes rain...

The ocean sounds are wonderful , they include some birds too...

When I listen to shakuhachi, the Japanese traditional wind instrument, if I am not mistaken, there was a piece that included water drops, but it might have been a movie🙈

Anyways, love the sound of water, waterfalls too...I might get one of those mini zen marble room fountains...

Recently I bought a difuser, and it makes adorable sound of water bubbling and individual drops dropping...
That's funny. I always have to go to the bathroom when I hear water. LOL In fact, I JUST (in the last three months) got the perfect humidifier for my bedroom. I went through nine of them. The current one is quiet enough that I don't hear the water. Otherwise, I'd never leave the bathroom!

I so like this! Apart from listening to it during cooking time (I’ll give it a try) I’d listening to it just to relax maybe as I’m doing my pilates exercises. I think it might fits perfectly. On my list! Thank you for the idea
I think you will enjoy it. I usually have one earbud in and listen to music all day. It's fun exercising to music. I got out of the habit but plan to start listening to meditations when I sleep. It really helps with my PTSD.

I am indifferent to have music or TV playing while preparing food. Although sometimes, if I get very involved, I may have to rewind a movie to allow myself to watch parts that escaped me due to concentration and preparing food. Music usually does not require rewinds.

I find it desirable to watch TV or listen to music while actually dining or consuming food.

I love music. I listen to it all the time when I can. I don't blast it so it's not distracting while I'm cooking. I find that a bit strange because I do have to turn it off if I'm driving somewhere I've never been. Makes no sense whatsoever, does it?

I don't listen to music if I am driving to someplace I've never been before. I don't want to miss whatever Waze or Google Maps is telling me to do. (Even if I typically plot out something that might be complicated from my home laptop before going - those satellites up there sometimes decide NO SIGNAL is a good idea for some reason...)

Unless I'm doing something intricate while cooking - music on or off is fine by me. As long as it is something I don't hate (I mean the music, not the food...) - and since I live alone, I certainly can regulate that!!!

I usually just say "Alexa... Play songs by.." and then name a band I feel like listening to... Usually Murderland or Argyle Goolsby and Alexa chooses some random rubbish that sounds nowt like what I wanted.
The next 5 mins is spent with me yelling at the speaker, the speaker ignoring me and me swearing loudly till the Wife/one of the kids makes the thing work. I could have got the food sorted by the time I manage to start but then I love cooking to some great music.

Last edited:
I love music. I listen to it all the time when I can. I don't blast it so it's not distracting while I'm cooking. I find that a bit strange because I do have to turn it off if I'm driving somewhere I've never been. Makes no sense whatsoever, does it? :facepalm:
I can't listen to music if I am trying to work, especially if I am writing reports. I get too caught up in the music. However, I find it very fluid and congruous with my cooking.

I'd be running to the loo all the time!
That's one thing I learned quickly when I was a massage therapist and I played sounds of nature during the massage, no waterfall or water sounds. My clients would have to get up and pee halfway through the massage!

That's funny. I always have to go to the bathroom when I hear water. LOL In fact, I JUST (in the last three months) got the perfect humidifier for my bedroom. I went through nine of them. The current one is quiet enough that I don't hear the water. Otherwise, I'd never leave the bathroom!
I think we know now how you were potty trained!

I think it depends on what I am cooking, something basic or something I've made a 100 times then absolutely but something new, something complex or timing critical then may stop it for a while... same goes for conversations with the Mrs... she knows when its time not to chat.

Back
Top Bottom