My favorite pasta is . . .

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
3:28 AM
My favorite pasta is . . . macaroni.

Macaroni is resilient. This food is easy to cook and create meals from (cold or hot). Of course, my favorite macaroni meal is mac n' cheese. It's that dish everyone in the family enjoys.

civil-war-macaroni-cheese.jpg

Mac and cheese is definitely my comfort food, although my favorite pasta dish would have to be either vegetable filled Ravioli or Tortellini. :thumbsup:

If I'm cooking, my favorite pasta is just good old spaghetti. I like it with Italian sausage over ground beef or meatballs.

When I'm out to a restaurant however, I like angel hair with a butter cream sauce, and seafood, olives, artichokes, or sun dried tomatoes. Something light but still filling.

This is a tough one, if I had to choose only one type of paste to buy, I would go with the mini rigatoni. It would be the most versatile for a variety of dishes, from mac and cheese to baked pasta dishes, to simpler applications such as oil and garlic. They aren't too big to be overwhelming for simpler preparations, but they are sturdy enough to hold up to heavier sauces.

Back
Top Bottom