My Featured Contents

I think this 'count' doesn't work at all. Its never been accurate. SatNavSaysStraightOn flagged this up a while ago, so she is aware. I've featured more than 2 of your recipes so the '2' was incorrect anyway!

Its supposed to be a tally of how many of your threads have been featured. 'Featured' means that they are shown in the sliding image display at the top of the home screen. Given that I've regularly started the 'what did you cook or eat today' thread which features every month, then my tally should be huge. But mine only says 2.

I'm generally the moderator that features threads, but any moderator can. Members can suggest threads they would like featured (not their own usually) by using the Report button for that thread and requesting it is featured.

I think this 'count' doesn't work at all. Its never been accurate. SatNavSaysStraightOn flagged this up a while ago, so she is aware. I've featured more than 2 of your recipes so the '2' was incorrect anyway!
actually it is correct and working correctly now. it is simply the way you are thinking of it that's not correct.

Its supposed to be a tally of how many of your threads have been featured.

it isn't a tally of how many you have ever had featured. it is a tally of how many you have featured at this point in time and right now MypinchofItaly doesn't have any featured threads. If we left them there indefinitely and allowed the list/grid to accumulate (not the slider, remember there are 3 positions) it would be a tally of how many ever. but as it stands, right now.

if it appears here (Featured content) then it is in that count. removing featured from the slider but leaving them in the grid/list (those bottom 2 in the plain text) would keep the count as a long term tally.

actually it is correct and working correctly now. it is simply the way you are thinking of it that's not correct.

it isn't a tally of how many you have ever had featured. it is a tally of how many you have featured at this point in time and right now MypinchofItaly doesn't have any featured threads. If we left them there indefinitely and allowed the list/grid to accumulate (not the slider, remember there are 3 positions) it would be a tally of how many ever. but as it stands, right now.

if it appears here (Featured content) then it is in that count. removing featured from the slider but leaving them in the grid/list (those bottom 2 in the plain text) would keep the count as a long term tally.

I didn't understand but it's so me :laugh:

it isn't a tally of how many you have ever had featured. it is a tally of how many you have featured at this point in time and right now @MypinchofItaly doesn't have any featured threads. If we left them there indefinitely and allowed the list/grid to accumulate (not the slider, remember there are 3 positions) it would be a tally of how many ever. but as it stands, right now.

I checked that in case it was so because that seemed the most logical explanation for the figures. But it seemed incorrect because I show as having 2 threads when in fact I only have 1 currently featured.

.... oh my! I now see. I have a post featured but not displaying in the scroll bar - its in the content grid which is only displayed if you click on 'Featured' in the green toolbar. That explains it.

Back
Top Bottom