My first coconut bread

I didn't have any trouble pinning it. I put it in my Food - Stuff to try board if you want to repin from there. I scrolled back up to get the other recipe, but it links me to the coconut bread. Did you substitute banana or was I looking at the wrong recipe?

I figured you had to see the little P to pin it but I don't see that on any of the sites. Anyway, this slow girl is going to work it. I am slow but sure. About the recipe, I substituted nothing. I think I probably shouldn't have posted the banana bread in the coconut bread section but they are so similar in the outcome how could it hurt? Today I want to bake the coconut bread again but I am low on flakes.:unsure: Now what will I do? Something is going to happen in that baking department this weekend by hook or crook.:)

I figured you had to see the little P to pin it but I don't see that on any of the sites. Anyway, this slow girl is going to work it. I am slow but sure. About the recipe, I substituted nothing. I think I probably shouldn't have posted the banana bread in the coconut bread section but they are so similar in the outcome how could it hurt? Today I want to bake the coconut bread again but I am low on flakes.:unsure: Now what will I do? Something is going to happen in that baking department this weekend by hook or crook.:)

LOL. I guess if I ate more bread I would have gotten more into baking. You don't have to see the P to be able to pin. There are a few different ways to do it. I have some garden chores I need to get to before work, but I'll explain later how to do it - including some things that don't seem pinnable at all :happy:

LOL. I guess if I ate more bread I would have gotten more into baking. You don't have to see the P to be able to pin. There are a few different ways to do it. I have some garden chores I need to get to before work, but I'll explain later how to do it - including some things that don't seem pinnable at all :happy:

I look forward to that. I traveled and I am a little/lot behind schedule and have a full week ahead so any help without me have to search and do a lot of reading I am happy to have. Coconut bread is a real demand here from my son. I am hoping to squeeze it into my weekend as a reward for some hard work in put in on our trip. Speaking of the garden, that's a whole other story for another thread.

I'll have to start a new thread of my own about the garden soon. I've been busy with work and when I'm not working I'm trying to catch up at home. I have started getting more done in the garden, particularly with my edibles. It's been raining so much though that it's hard to get much done outdoors.

Regarding pinning recipes - one way is to copy the link for a recipe page and then go to the pin board you want to place it on. You'll see a plus sign to the left of the very first pin that allows you to manually add a pin. There's also the pin button you can add to your browser bar, which is a pretty good shortcut. Also, even when the P doesn't appear on a page, sometimes when you move your cursor over an image a little pin it button appears in the upper left corner.

I look forward to you starting the thread. As it relates to the coconut bread, this was the first time in my near 50 years that I bought coconut flakes. I remember having coconut trees around my home growing up as a child and whenever my mom baked what we call sweet bread, it was from the dry coconuts from our tree. I feel the recipe was very similar to this coconut bread except that the coconut was all natural.

I am getting the hang of the pins. Thanks for the tips.

My pleasure! Pinterest is such a great resource.

I'm going to look into baking with coconut milk. I don't like the flesh, doesn't matter if it's fresh or from a bag, but my grandfather loves coconut and sweet potato so maybe I can combine them. It's getting too hot here to think about baking, but in the fall maybe I will be organized enough to give it a try.

I went out and bought coconut powder milk I think it reads. I am not sure why I bought it. I guess it was to have it around and then decide on something to use it for. I do that sometimes: buy something just because I think it might come in handy and a lot of the times I don't use it or have to end up throwing it out. I won't let that happen this time. I have to remember that money does not grow on trees. I hope to make another coconut bread this weekend, but I have been saying this for a few weekends well. I'll see how it goes.

I would think coconut milk powder would come in handy for baking since it seems it would have a longer shelf life than the liquid. I'd also imagine that it might be a good ingredient to add when making smoothies. I have a couple cans of liquid in the pantry I keep forgetting about. Need to get some ginger and shrimp and...

LOL, that's okay. I don't go in for much of the local fare here; I don't eat red beans on Mondays or indulge in any of that other related foolishness through the week. I'm really surprised at how much I like foods prepared with coconut milk since I don't care for coconut flesh. Speaking of, you wouldn't happen to have a favorite recipe for coconut rice, would you?

LOL, that's okay. I don't go in for much of the local fare here; I don't eat red beans on Mondays or indulge in any of that other related foolishness through the week. I'm really surprised at how much I like foods prepared with coconut milk since I don't care for coconut flesh. Speaking of, you wouldn't happen to have a favorite recipe for coconut rice, would you?

I started a thread with a coconut recipe I found after you called for it here. I was surprise at how simple it was:almost disappointed it was as easy as 1.2. 3. As I mentioned in that thread I am likely to play around with the recipe to make it more exciting. I honestly can't believe I am such a lover of anything with coconut and a rice addict and I have not tried coconut rice. Check out the thread, simply titled "Coconut Rice" and see two recipes I pulled from the web. Once I find something more Caribbean I will post that as well.

I started a thread with a coconut recipe I found after you called for it here. I was surprise at how simple it was:almost disappointed it was as easy as 1.2. 3. As I mentioned in that thread I am likely to play around with the recipe to make it more exciting. I honestly can't believe I am such a lover of anything with coconut and a rice addict and I have not tried coconut rice. Check out the thread, simply titled "Coconut Rice" and see two recipes I pulled from the web. Once I find something more Caribbean I will post that as well.

Really? I used to get it all the time at this "African" restaurant here. They had great lunch specials and we went there often. Then they relocated to a less accessible part of town. More foot traffic and great for them, but challenging parking and inconvenient for me. Theirs has vegetables in it.

Back
Top Bottom