My first coconut bread

I mean the coconut milk in place of the dairy milk. I have used oat and almond milk for pancakes, but I have not tried baking with alternative milks. You don't have to know anything more than you do using sites like this one to save your recipes. Just go to Pinterest.com and create an account and the site will walk you through thesteps. You can create as many boards as you wish. I have them for different types of food as well as general cooking stuff.

Thanks. Sometimes I tell myself things are more difficult than there are. Then when I decide to give it go I find it's not difficult as I was making it. Confession is good for the soul.:) I had created the Pinterest account just because I could but knew I was not making the best use of it. Thanks again. About the milk I would still give it a go with the coconut milk but just expect the coconut flavour to be stronger. At the time I had bought some Almond Milk and thank God I did not use it (although I would have tested it). By the time I got around to using it, it was so off. What's up with the Almond milk going off so quickly? It was my first time buying it.

Thanks. Sometimes I tell myself things are more difficult than there are... About the milk I would still give it a go with the coconut milk but just expect the coconut flavour to be stronger... What's up with the Almond milk going off so quickly? It was my first time buying it.

You are going to have so much fun with Pinterest! You can see what boards I've created here: https://www.pinterest.com/cdgautreaux. I think I will try baking with coconut milk. I don't mind that flavor, I just don't like the texture of the fresh coconut. That seems odd that the almond milk would spoil so quickly. Maybe it's not a popular item where you shop and was close to the expiration date? I don't keep mine for more than a few weeks.

You are going to have so much fun with Pinterest! You can see what boards I've created here: https://www.pinterest.com/cdgautreaux. I think I will try baking with coconut milk. I don't mind that flavor, I just don't like the texture of the fresh coconut. That seems odd that the almond milk would spoil so quickly. Maybe it's not fta popular item where you shop and was close to the expiration date? I don't keep mine for more than a few weeks.

Pinterest must be the most inviting site I have seen. I am starting to get the hang of it. In the case of the milk I only had it for about a week or two at most. It left a bad taste in my mouth going off so quickly. The thing is I did not even check the expiry date. If you do get around to trying the bread with the coconut milk I would be happy to know how it turned out.

I will no go and have some "daymares" after checking out the bugs on your Pinterest:happy:. Don't even ask how I ended up there.

I wonder what it tastes like but i love the idea. By the way congratulations! I am not new to baking but i still get excited seeing the result.

I wonder what it tastes like but i love the idea. By the way congratulations! I am not new to baking but i still get excited seeing the result.

In my mind and the mind of all here it was delicious. My son thought it was so good I should make it to sell. Personally, I like bread, so a bread has to be really bad for me not to like it. I especially like the top of the bread, not so much the body. To some that might be weird but I could eat all the crust and be happy but we know that's not cool for the others following. The only time I can thoroughly enjoy the centre of a bread is if it has some melted cheese to go with it. If you like bread, I am sure you'll enjoy it..

Pinterest must be the most inviting site I have seen. I am starting to get the hang of it. In the case of the milk I only had it for about a week or two at most. It left a bad taste in my mouth going off so quickly. The thing is I did not even check the expiry date. If you do get around to trying the bread with the coconut milk I would be happy to know how it turned out.

I will no go and have some "daymares" after checking out the bugs on your Pinterest:happy:. Don't even ask how I ended up there.

ROFLOL! At least you looked at it. We'll call this a first step to getting over your bug issues :)

I don't know what I would do if anything happened to Pinterest, lol. I have so much stuff bookmarked it would take forever to recover it - if I could even remember it all! Not sure when I'll get to try the bread - things have been very, very busy at work and I'm just too worn out to even think about cooking most days.

I am beginning to see how people get hooked on Pinterest. Perhaps one day I will create a bug board and use it as rehab:). I hope you get around to trying the bread ChanellG. You are going to enjoy it if you are a bread lover. That's a promise.

I am beginning to see how people get hooked on Pinterest. Perhaps one day I will create a bug board and use it as rehab:). I hope you get around to trying the bread ChanellG. You are going to enjoy it if you are a bread lover. That's a promise.

Ha ha! You're going to be a pinaholic in no time! It took me a few days to sort out the pinning and board creating and after a couple weeks (and a lot of hours) I had over 200 pins. Now, I have almost that many boards! I found a number of great recipes using the site and save hundreds of others I hope to get to try.

I am not a big bread eater, and I don't even like coconut, but my grandfather loves it and eats bread like it's a cookie, lol. At least he used to. I think we've curtailed that - he used to pour syrup in a saucer and dip the bread in it!

Ha ha! You're going to be a pinaholic in no time! It took me a few days to sort out the pinning and board creating and after a couple weeks (and a lot of hours) I had over 200 pins. Now, I have almost that many boards! I found a number of great recipes using the site and save hundreds of others I hope to get to try.

I am not a big bread eater, and I don't even like coconut, but my grandfather loves it and eats bread like it's a cookie, lol. At least he used to. I think we've curtailed that - he used to pour syrup in a saucer and dip the bread in it!

Oh my God. All those sweets? I honestly wanted to make another coconut bread today as my son has been requesting that and the banana bread which are so similar. I don't have enough of the flakes for the coconut bread and I don't have the ripe bananas. I'll have to go out and pick up these things (and I won't buy overripe bananas) and right now in my sunshine country it's raining all day not to mention I am feeling a little under the weather. Added to that I was quietly trying to say away from the sweets for at least a week. I have a serious problem when it comes to seeing bread and not eating it. As for Pinterest I could see how I could get caught and carried away.

Oh my God. All those sweets? I honestly wanted to make another coconut bread today as my son has been requesting that and the banana bread which are so similar... I was quietly trying to say away from the sweets for at least a week. I have a serious problem when it comes to seeing bread and not eating it. As for Pinterest I could see how I could get caught and carried away.

I think if I owned a bread machine I would probably make bread at home. I like the idea of set it and almost forget it. I have had breads made with a variety of fruits from pumpkin to zucchini to tomato and I like them all, but banana bread is the best! Be sure and share your recipe for that one! I've always wanted to make it at home, but something always got in the way.

I think if I owned a bread machine I would probably make bread at home. I like the idea of set it and almost forget it. I have had breads made with a variety of fruits from pumpkin to zucchini to tomato and I like them all, but banana bread is the best! Be sure and share your recipe for that one! I've always wanted to make it at home, but something always got in the way.

Truth be told the whole bread machine is so foreign to me. I just remember my mom using her hands to do all of her bread work and I am pretty much the same. Still I must confess I like the "set it, forget it" idea, I also keep hearing of all the fun cakes people are preparing with other fruits and vegetables and it sounds exciting to say the least. A friend is dying to try a zucchini recipe he got from a friend. He said he got a taste of her zucchini bread/cake and was swept away. I spoke of my banana bread in another thread but I will slip the recipe in for you here. I feel like I fell short with the amount of bananas but it was great nonetheless.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/03/coconut-bread/

Truth be told the whole bread machine is so foreign to me. I just remember my mom using her hands to do all of her bread work and I am pretty much the same. Still I must confess I like the "set it, forget it" idea, I also keep hearing of all the fun cakes people are preparing with other fruits and vegetables and it sounds exciting to say the least. A friend is dying to try a zucchini recipe he got from a friend. He said he got a taste of her zucchini bread/cake and was swept away. I spoke of my banana bread in another thread but I will slip the recipe in for you here. I feel like I fell short with the amount of bananas but it was great nonetheless.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/03/coconut-bread/

Does the amount of bananas matter? Can you put too many or too little? How will it affect the texture of the finished bread? I guess I am just a bit of a gadget geek and I have been in situations where I didn't have a functioning oven. Also, a bread machine can go anywhere and wouldn't heat up the house the way an oven would. It gets way too hot here in summer to bake.

Does the amount of bananas matter? Can you put too many or too little? How will it affect the texture of the finished bread? I guess I am just a bit of a gadget geek and I have been in situations where I didn't have a functioning oven. Also, a bread machine can go anywhere and wouldn't heat up the house the way an oven would. It gets way too hot here in summer to bake.

I get the impression it does. I suspect that too much is going to make it too heavy and in my case too little made it perfect except in my mind it was not a strong, strong banana taste...... So I stop and do a little search in connection with what you asked and too little or too many and stumble on this other recipe which seems quite similar but a lot more graphic than the one I used. It never hurts to see some variations and more explanations. Here goes.

http://thecookinggeek.com/banana-bread/

Doesn't look as though we can pin this or the other. Am I right?

I get the impression it does... a little search in connection with what you asked... Here goes.

http://thecookinggeek.com/banana-bread/

Doesn't look as though we can pin this or the other. Am I right?

I didn't have any trouble pinning it. I put it in my Food - Stuff to try board if you want to repin from there. I scrolled back up to get the other recipe, but it links me to the coconut bread. Did you substitute banana or was I looking at the wrong recipe?

Back
Top Bottom