Mystery Shopper

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:04 PM
Mod Edit: New thread created

l patronize fast food restaurants so seldom that I lose touch with what they do. I think I will patronize them even less. I remember when I could buy a hamburger, fries and a drink for $1 at a fast food restaurant so the inflation seems more severe to old timers like me, I think. We don't eat beef because of my wife's allergy to it but I can make a pork burger for about $1 that is superior to anything these people sell. And I don't have to drive anywhere to get it.
I understand. I remember back in the 70s the McDonald's commercial where you could get a burger, fries, and a drink and get change back from your dollar.

I get paid to eat at fast food restaurants. I can't remember the last time I spent my own money eating at one, probably 25 years ago? When taking vacations with my DH I pack a cooler for the road trip. Much healthier option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand. I remember back in the 70s the McDonald's commercial where you could get a burger, fries, and a drink and get change back from your dollar.

I get paid to eat at fast food restaurants. I can't remember the last time I spent my own money eating at one, probably 25 years ago? When taking vacations with my DH I pack a cooler for the road trip. Much healthier option.
That explains why you know so much about fast food restaurants. They certainly have a place in society but less so for me. We have a tenant who operates a Taco Bell on one of our properties so my knowledge of that business is limited to real estate and finance. I don't eat at Taco Bell restaurants. I think Arby's is better than most of them and Panera has some very good food. Panera isn't so fast as Arby's or Taco Bell but the food is better. I have had fun cloning the Panera flat bread pizzas at home. Mine are a little different but equally good.

That explains why you know so much about fast food restaurants. They certainly have a place in society but less so for me. We have a tenant who operates a Taco Bell on one of our properties so my knowledge of that business is limited to real estate and finance. I don't eat at Taco Bell restaurants. I think Arby's is better than most of them and Panera has some very good food. Panera isn't so fast as Arby's or Taco Bell but the food is better. I have had fun cloning the Panera flat bread pizzas at home. Mine are a little different but equally good.
Right, Panera is actually classified as a fast casual restaurant and is not really considered a fast food restaurant. Same with some of the Chipotle locations, though they do have digital stores that do not have a dine in service where you order online or on the app and pick up at the driveup window. I like both of those restaurants quite well but I'm much too frugal to eat there on my own dime. And I will opt to not do some of the fast food assignments because it's just not healthy to eat at them regularly and I don't always get to choose what I want from the menu--often the client wants something specific to be evaluated. At least Panera and Chipotle have good quality food. I dislike McDonald's and Taco Bell but I haven't seen any assignments for them in a very long time. They'd have to pay me a lot to eat there!

How do I get a job like yours? :D

I used mystery shopper in my shop many years ago
Very good feedback. Helped expose a weakness in my staff
I would happily do it again

Russ

I used mystery shopper in my shop many years ago
Very good feedback. Helped expose a weakness in my staff
I would happily do it again

Russ
It's one of my retirement jobs (I have several). I like it because I am an independent contractor and I can pick and choose my work and when I want to work, plus I get nice perks from it. Yes, it does help expose weaknesses in staff but there are some who use it to target strengths as well. I like the rewards shops where I get to congratulate the staff member who performed well and they get a reward from their company (money or gift cards usually). Sometimes then entire team gets rewarded based on one person's performance. And yeah I have found some rotten apples in the crop a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of my retirement jobs (I have several). I like it because I am an independent contractor and I can pick and choose my work and when I want to work, plus I get nice perks from it. Yes, it does help expose weaknesses in staff but there are some who use it to target strengths as well. I like the rewards shops where I get to congratulate the staff member who performed well and they get a reward from their company (money or gift cards usually). Sometimes then entire team gets rewarded based on one person's performance. And yeah I have found some rotten apples in the crop a few times.

Yeah I had a retired bloke who did my books. And a young girl who looked after the shop 8 to 5.
What showed up was lack of product knowledge. I did training after that .
Best money I ever spent

Russ

Yeah I had a retired bloke who did my books. And a young girl who looked after the shop 8 to 5.
What showed up was lack of product knowledge. I did training after that .
Best money I ever spent

Russ
I love hearing validation that what I am doing is worthwhile. I know in the past I reported on some cleaning neglect in a convenience store/gas station's restroom--it was really bad, I won't go into the graphic details but trust me, it was horrible. Next time I went there it was sparkling and the broken faucet had been fixed.

I love hearing validation that what I am doing is worthwhile. I know in the past I reported on some cleaning neglect in a convenience store/gas station's restroom--it was really bad, I won't go into the graphic details but trust me, it was horrible. Next time I went there it was sparkling and the broken faucet had been fixed.

Yeah it was coincidence by me. I ran into this lady at a work function and you know how you meet and ask what do you do for a job. She explains what they did. I kept her card and as I had only been going a few years I thought I'd try it.
Best money I ever spent.
I had weekly meetings after that.

Russ

Fast food definitely has an important place in modern society. I suppose it's for several reasons, but quick, always the same and cheap come to mind.
When the first McDs opened here in Caracas, there were queues outside the door every day. Same with KFC, Pizza Hut, etc. They all solve a problem we're all faced with: no time, too tired to cook, need to eat!

Back
Top Bottom