Name one spice or seasoning that you do not like.

Local time
9:54 AM
Are there any seasonings or spices that you just don't like at all? My fiance is a huge spice freak, and he puts seasoning and spices in everything. Most things come out wonderful, he's a great chef! However, for some reason, I just cannot get into rosemary! I know it's awful because it's such a delicate and healthy herb, but I just can't get into how it always has that dense texture. What about you? Are there any spices or seasonings you don't like?

I like most things, but am not a huge fan of hot peppers. I can enjoy hot food to a degree when oil or powder is used, but the sneaky whole or chopped peppers lurking like little booby traps make me grumpy.

I'm not keen on very hot spice - I'd rather just enjoy a subtle flavour.

I'm not a huge fan of BBQ sauce, that smokiness. Although I like smoked foods, I'm not so keen on 'smokey' flavour.

Except, some to think of it, Smokey Bacon crisps.

I'm also a spice freak and use all sort of spices you can think off depending on the dish I'm preparing or want to spice up if not cooked by me.

Perhaps the only exception is hot spices, which I don't use very often, unless the dish requires some of them.

I'm not keen on very hot chillis, but other than that, I don't think there's a spice I could say I don't like. As far as seasonings go, I never put mustard on food, because I don't like the taste - other than the mild mustard that goes on hot dogs. However, I use quite a lot of dry mustard powder in cooking.

I do not even remotely like the taste of coriander and cilantro. If it is super hidden in a food, I can cope. For example, a small amount in a spring roll is acceptable since there are so many other flavors and ingredients. But I do not like it when the flavor is quite strong in a dish. I actually really like most of the spices listed above, as long as it isn't too overpowering.

I do not even remotely like the taste of coriander and cilantro. If it is super hidden in a food, I can cope. For example, a small amount in a spring roll is acceptable since there are so many other flavors and ingredients. But I do not like it when the flavor is quite strong in a dish. I actually really like most of the spices listed above, as long as it isn't too overpowering.

I'm sure you know this already, but that might be a genetic thing;

http://www.nature.com/news/soapy-taste-of-coriander-linked-to-genetic-variants-1.11398

I love Rosemary myself, but I guess it comes down to personal preference. Some spices that I am not to fond of are ginger and nutmeg. Yes, nutmeg can be a component when making a Pumpkin pie but I have tasted some Pumpkin pies in the past where I felt like the spice was over done in the pie and ruined the flaovr. As for Ginger I find that this spice is one of the reasons I am not too fond of Chinese Food, its sort of over takes the flaovr but then that is just my opinion.

cloves-they numb your mouth and should only be used a little

Ooh, yeah cloves are tricky. I like them in theory, and have enjoyed plenty of dishes which used them, but have never quite figured out how to use them myself.

I really hate paprika. It just does not taste good on anything I have ever eaten.

I haven't used/tried a lot of spices or seasonings... but I already know I'm not a huge fan of parsley. Almost every dish I've added it to hasn't been the greatest. It smells kind of gross as well which turns me off from using it. I guess the main thing is I don't know what dishes are best to use it in and how much should be added. I believe I added it to some sort of hot dish that involved hamburger once and it actually wasn't too bad.

Back
Top Bottom