National Ice Cream Month

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
1:37 AM
How come no-one on the far side of the pond mentioned this one? Trying to keep it all for yourselves maybe?

Well this is new to me. I never knew there was such a thing as Ice Cream Month. We have never had this one in our country. I suppose this means you would get ice cream at a cheaper price than usual? If that is the case, then people would buy more ice cream throughout the month. I have always liked ice cream, but do not buy it that often these days because of the high prices, and as it is not something I must have. I would welcome Ice Cream Month in my country.

I never heard of this! Yet I love Ice Cream so much that I would mark this to be my favorite holiday. Thank you for notifying me of this scrumptious month.

To be honest there is a special food week most weeks,and I suppose the impact has gone ,and most of us give it lip service,we have fish and chip week ,sausage week ,so on and so on,do we really eat a food type because a promotional company hits us with some bright colours,but free ice cream would be ok !

This is the first time I had heard that there is such a "National Ice Cream Month". How it is celebrated in your place?....:)

To be honest there is a special food week most weeks,and I suppose the impact has gone ,and most of us give it lip service,we have fish and chip week ,sausage week ,so on and so on,do we really eat a food type because a promotional company hits us with some bright colours,but free ice cream would be ok !
A week maybe, but a month!

I like the sound of this but with my weight it is not something I should get excited about or desire for my neck of the woods. If it's over here it's a well guarded secret.

I love ice cream way too much. I honestly do not need any more excuses to be eating it. I usually struggle with weight more in the summer because I am so hot and ice cream helps me cool off my core, tastes amazing, and then likes on my hips. It's kind of sad there isn't really a good alternative that doesn't have the same sugar amount, or more.

I like the sound of this but with my weight it is not something I should get excited about or desire for my neck of the woods. If it's over here it's a well guarded secret.
I found out about it!
"National Ice Cream Month is celebrated each year in July and National Ice Cream Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in July, both in the United States.
The celebrations were originated by
Joint resolution 298, which was sponsored by Senator Walter Dee Huddleston of Kentucky on May 17, 1984.[1] The resolution proclaimed the month of July 1984 as "National Ice Cream Month" and July 15, 1984, as "National Ice Cream Day". It was signed into law by President Ronald Reagan on July 9, 1984 with Presidential Proclamation 5219.[2]
Even though the resolution only mentioned a specific month and day in 1984, the celebrations have held up in the years since, publicized by ice cream manufacturers.[3][4][5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ice_Cream_Month

Back
Top Bottom