Need help with Cheesecake idea

KittensCooking

Local time
12:56 AM
I made my own ricotta yesterday and I'm looking to maybe bake a cheesecake with it. Problem is I don't have any cream cheese, and all the recipes I've found ask for cream cheese or more ricotta.
I made about 500g, and I'd like to challenge myself to see if I can cook with what I have on hand.

My question is, to all the experienced bakers, how do you think a cheesecake would turn out if I added cream to the ricotta to extend it, and how many eggs would I need to add so that the cake would set?

If anyone has any ideas on how I could use the ricotta to bake a nice cheese-esque cake, I would also appriciate that.

I think you can simply scale down any given recipe to suit the amount of ricotta that you have but that would mean a smaller tin.

500g is quite a lot of ricotta - for an average baked cheesecake you need around 900g of cheese filling plus 3 eggs added, when its made in a 23cm tin. Of course, you could make a no-bake version in which case no eggs.

Adding cream is fine - use double cream ('heavy cream' in the US) so add 300g - but it may dilute the sharp taste. A good grating of lemon zest to fix that perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom