New here

I do know that a kilo is 2.2 pounds. Don't ask me how I know that, LOL :wink:

A rough rule of thumb is 1 kilo is 1 litre. I know a 50 litre keg weighs 50 kilos . I was bought up with imperial measurements but in my teens we went metric, July 67 we went decimal as well. In currency.

We were metric during my last couple of years at school. Then decimalisation was 1971.

This is the current state of play I believe........

Well go figure. We were taught the metric system in high school in the 70s and there was talk of the US going metric permanently. They changed Coke bottles measurements to 1 liter (33.8 oz) and 2 liter bottles back then and showed both measurements on the bottle. Since then, most, if not all, food and drink items show both measurements on the bottle in the US. But for the past 40 years they just never got around to changing it completely. SMH at this, why?????

Well go figure. We were taught the metric system in high school in the 70s and there was talk of the US going metric permanently. They changed Coke bottles measurements to 1 liter (33.8 oz) and 2 liter bottles back then and showed both measurements on the bottle. Since then, most, if not all, food and drink items show both measurements on the bottle in the US. But for the past 40 years they just never got around to changing it completely. SMH at this, why?????

I graduated in '75. Coke was measured in kilos back then, but no bottles! :whistling:

Chopping, snorting, ah the fun times we had in the 70s. Well at least we still have our brains intact after all that what-not.

Last edited:
I am going to sleep now, this stuff now makes me tired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom