New Hottest Chili Pepper

caseydog

Local time
9:21 AM
The Guinness Book of World Records recently announced a new hottest chili pepper, Pepper X. It is 2.69-million Scoville Units, which is almost twice the number for the previous record holder, the Carolina Reaper. Both of those peppers were developed by Ed Curry of Puckerbutt Chili Company, so he broke his own record.

1698273533091.png

CD

Yep. As an official chilehead, I saw that. The crazy guy actually ate a whole Pepper X.
I love chiles but I'd never even attempt to eat anything as potent as that. I've eaten habaneros, and a tiny, weeny slice of Naga Jolokia (somewhat similar to Trinidad Scorpion), but I'd have to be on Death Row to try something like that!

Ed Curry stayed pretty well composed the whole time. But, he had eaten a lot of them in the development process.
I also read he was a reformed alcoholic and drug addict. The alcohol probably screwed up his stomach and the drugs numbed his mind.
But seriously - eating one of those things is going to give you hours of pain and suffering.

You can still train your heat tolerance, as CD already mentioned

There was a grandma here a few weeks ago, eating our lamb with Shakshuka. She said she couldn't bear the heat and wanted some compensation. I made the Shakshuka, and after some waiters and our chef tested some of it, she didn't got any compensation, as everything was perfectly fine with my food. So, it was not me building up some tolerance, it was her being uneducated about food.

You can still train your heat tolerance, as CD already mentioned
Yes you can. What's "mild" for me is inedible for some other people, but training your tolerance would not normally include training it to extremes. Of all the chile-eating nations in the world, the hottest food I've tasted is from Sri Lanka and Thailand (no, not Mexico, despite their reputation). I think Sri Lankans would be seriously challenged to eat pepper X.

I guess it's just like climbing the mount everest or starting a popular marathon to finish first... you're way more wiser than me and you've seen it several times. Some humans have more of that drive to be the best at something than others and it doesn't matter how ridiculously irrelevant that goal is to humanity. I don't want to be anyone's mom, so I'm just trying to be happy with what Chili I can eat.
Cultivating crazy foods is definitely better than war

Back
Top Bottom