New sandwiches recipes to try?

Morvack

Veteran
Local time
4:56 PM
Hello, hoping someone can help me out. I'm an extremely picky eater, but I need to expand on what I will eat. What would you recommend I try for sandwiches? I like steak and cheese sandwhiches, and cheese burgers. Not a big fan of vegetables, so maybe some other proteins that make good sandwiches? Looking forward to your replys and the possible tastey results :)

Turkey is a very healthy sandwich meat. You can find many different options either pre cut and packaged, or at a grocery service deli. If you can afford it, I would recommend the service deli because they will have the higher quality ones, like slicing up a turkey breast for you, rather than ground. pressed and sliced, which is what you usually find in the pre packaged lunch meats.

Turkey goes well with your typical lettuce and tomato and mayonnaise or mustard but you can also try cranberries instead or cranberries and a little cream cheese is a popular option.

Maybe you would like tuna salad, egg salad, or chicken salad sandwiches? Those are pretty easy to make (just add mayo to your protein), but they can all be spiced up in different ways if you are adventurous.

I always have one of those salads on hand in my fridge for a quick protein source for my family.

Egg & Pepper sandwiches are a favorite of mine, and you can really eat them at any time of the day. I heat some extra virgin olive oil in a pan, and toss in a little minced fresh garlic (don't use that awful pre chopped stuff in a jar, chop it yourself). I then add in some green bell pepper cut into strips (fresh is best, as opposed to frozen) and saute them a bit just until they start to become a little tender, but also still have some bite to them. Next comes the scrambled eggs that I seasoned with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Once the eggs are cooked through I put them onto a toasted crusty roll, and I will either eat this as is, or add some Parmesan/Romano or maybe even melt some Provolone over it, by putting it under the broiler for a bit.

If there are beef or pork roasts on sale at your grocery store, consider making your own "lunch meat" with them, by simply roasting them and slicing them really thin once chilled. For the beef, I would probably do a mayo/horse radish sauce to go along with it. For the pork, you can make Cuban Sandwiches, which are a crusty roll, with sliced roasted pork, deli ham, pickles, provolone cheese and spicy brown mustard. Assemble the sandwich then grill the whole thing until it's heated through and the cheese is melting. I like to put mine on my Panini press.

A grilled chicken sandwich is good too, if you slice up the chicken into strips and pour some sweet Thai chili sauce over it, and perhaps a cheese of your choice, like Mozarella.

Back
Top Bottom