New ways to make Veggies in the oven?

Ashleeey

Veteran
Local time
5:28 AM
I wan't to learn some new ways to oven cook veggies, Any one know some good recipes, I love trying new things, I want to try kale, Is it any good do you guys love it or not, Is it worth trying let me know thanks everyone.

You can get a bunch of small tomatoes still on the vine that are very ripe, and simply drizzle them with some olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt - then roast them in the oven until they soften and condense. Then pop them off the vine and coarsely mash them to toss with pasta. Or just serve them whole with some scrambled eggs in the morning and a side of wheat toast.

For an easy appetizer or snack, get a bunch of hungarian hot peppers, remove the tops, seed them and cut them into rings. Then place them in a small roasting pan and roast them in the oven covered at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour to soften them gently. Then when they come out of the oven, toss them with a generous amount of olive oil, some oregano and a bunch of minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste, a splash of vinegar and if needed a pinch of sugar - all to taste. Let it all chill in the fridge for a few hours and for the flavors to meld. Great on crusty bread or crackers, especially with some crumbled Gorgonzola sprinkled over them.

If you've got a potato ricer, you can make mashed potatoes really easily in the oven. Just bake the potatoes until they are super tender then run them through the ricer - peels and all, into a bowl of milk, butter salt and pepper. The peels will remain in the ricer, so there is no need to peel the potatoes at all. Not to mention you don't need to waste time cutting them and steaming them.

If you've got a potato ricer, you can make mashed potatoes really easily in the oven. Just bake the potatoes until they are super tender then run them through the ricer - peels and all, into a bowl of milk, butter salt and pepper. The peels will remain in the ricer, so there is no need to peel the potatoes at all. Not to mention you don't need to waste time cutting them and steaming them.

Hmmm I never thought to make my mash in the oven- I love that idea..I actually just came across a recipe for mashed made with a ricer and yukon gold potatoes....Thanks again for the oven tip!

Add oil and rosemary to any veggies then stick them in the oven.

Otherwise my favorite thing is to slice up vegetables thin, add oil salt and pepper, then bake them for around 30 - 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Flip them halfway through the cook time and take them out when crispy.

I always say spices, spices, spices! I bought some lemon pepper for $1 and it was the best $1 I ever spent. I put it on my green beans and it keeps them up a notch. Play around with spices to take boring veggies to the next level.

I agree on the spices, and herbs for that matter. Easiest way to mix up flavors, and not that difficult once you get past the intimidation factor (imho). Also really handy; lemon, lime, and garlic.

One of my favorite recent(ish) discoveries was oven roasted corn on the cob with lime and chili powder.

One we often do is mini jacket spuds..

get some really small potatoes - new potato size, put them on a baking tray and drizzle a touch of olive oil over them, sprinkle a little salt over then and any mixed herbs you fancy and cook them in a hot oven until soft in the centre. I have also done them with ground cumin, ground coriander & paprika over them as well which works just as well.

We often just put whole onions in the oven on a baking tray (catches the juices and makes cleaning the oven easier) and cook them until done (any temp but hotter the better to caramelise the sugars in them and make them taste delicious)

Roasted Garlic is another one that works exceptionally well. take the bulb of garlic, place it in the centre of piece of kitchen foil, add a touch of olive oil, pull the foil up around the top and roast until almost disintegrating... tastes divine. Rosemary and/or thyme is nice to add as well.

Roasted squash is another that works well... skin & deseed the squash, slice into 1cm thick slices, place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil (optional) and roast on a hi heat until well done. Look for the edges going black/dark brown. Sweet potato can also be done this way.

Back
Top Bottom