New Years Eve Party Food

juno

Veteran
Local time
4:13 PM
Christmas is over and now I'm on to the last big party for this year. New Years Eve. I'm trying to plan out a menu that is easy, but looks good as well as tastes good. I'm think about simple items like beef sliders. Does anybody have other ideas for a New Years Eve Party menu?

My family always had the tradition of a Mexican chili served with rice. It would be made up early on new years eve and allowed to mature. The rice being cooked as needed much nearer to the time.
That sounds like fun and easy to put together on New Years Eve so you have time to enjoy the rest of the evening. Thank you!

I know that New Years is past but I did want to share a appetizer that I had at a party some time ago, it was pretty easy to make just right before or when guests are just coming. It looks great and everyone seems to like it. They are called Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels. I am going to post the link, the recipe is from Pillsbury and usually I don't care for this type of appetizer but that tray cleared off in minutes.
http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/bacon-cheddar-pinwheels/075a1c9c-b343-431f-a12b-d5d98c2a4001
I think that you can probably change the recipe a bit to suit individual taste, you don't necessarily need to add bacon, you probably could use spinach instead if you wanted.

Bacon infused deviled eggs are always a hit around my house and a tray of 24 of them does not last long at all. We add bacon buts to the deviled egg mixture and you can garnished the eggs with some finely chopped chives.

Back
Top Bottom