News on Frosting

MayFox

Veteran
Local time
11:00 PM
First time was not a charm. I was unable to get it to fluffy after so much time, and my fiancee's father chimed in that his mom could get it like fluffy in fifteen minutes, so I may have done something wrong. As soon as I started to beat it I knew something wasn't quite right, but I kept going to see what would happen. There are a few things that could have been wrong.

1: My Confection Sugar wasn't as fine as it should have been despite the fact that I had it going in the Food Processor for ~4 minutes.

2: I put all the Confection Sugar in at once instead of sifting it into it.

3: I put in too much of something, most like the vanilla. I put in 1 teaspoon instead of the half.

I'm not entirely sure if the vanilla would have made a different in consistency, but it did in taste. Even though it looked like bean bag beans, I wanted to know what it tasted like, and yes, WAY too much vanilla.

Years ago when I took cake decorating I was so amazed to learn that birthday cake icing is pretty much shortening. I mean its pretty much eating sugar and grease. I eat a little bit of it when I eat birthday cake but most of it, I take off the cake. At first when I attempted to make the frosting, mine would appear too greasy instead of a whipped affect. I learned that instead of using a spoon that I needed to use a blender.

Back
Top Bottom