No fuss beignet

kiwanisr

Veteran
Local time
1:09 AM
Is there any one that knows how to make a no fuss beignet? They are so good and I want to learn to make them but I don’t want to get frustrated with trying.

Beignets are fried donuts or fritters covered in powdered sugar. They are delicious, we make a point to go to Cafe Du Monde for some every time we go to New Orleans. I've never tried making them from scratch but I do know you can order mix directly from the Cafe Du Monde website.

i make a quick choux paste and then spoon it into a deep fat frier and turn them ,then remove drain on kitchen roll and roll in sugar and cinnamon
you can also do savoury ones melting different cheeses in to the mix
a little off topic but still coffee and pastries, we ask for a cafe gourmand in France you get a expresso and a selection of pastries depends on where you are is to the specialities,in Normandy you sometimes get a mini rice pudding

Well, considering that you will need to fry them, I'm not sure how a beignet can be "no fuss." I guess if you are used to frying things and that isn't time consuming and expensive for you it might not be considered a fuss. I made doughnuts a couple of times and from my experience, they are definitely going to take quite a bit of work, and the oil will make them cost quite a bit as well. They may very well be totally worth it to you, but I doubt you'll be able to make them quickly.

Beignets.jpg

These ones looks almost similar to the Munchkins sold at Dunkin Donuts. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom