Novelty cakes and bakes

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
11:21 PM
[Mod.Edit: this and a number of following posts moved to form a new thread (MG)]

This could be my creations
1B52326F-67A2-41B5-8BD2-639623D5348D.jpeg

77542998-81DE-4E26-858C-28001C00B56B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be my creations

Don't feel bad. I took cake decorating classes and got fairly good at it, even made some wedding cakes, as well as a sculpted cartoonist/cabbage patch type kids cake for a retirement party for a child care place's director, but even I couldn't do the doggy one as it's more than likely sculpted modeling chocolate and fondant covered sculpted cake or rice crispies. The Belle cake, if it is indeed a cake, is a printed edible transfer sheet that goes on a smoothly frosted or fondant covered cake. Just about anybody can do 1 of those. My daughter even managed 1 for a GD's birthday cake.

I hate Christmas and that’s exactly the thing I would never do. Now, if we talk about a Halloween one...

Do you get the Food Network channel there? They have a gingerbread Halloween show and also Halloween Wars, where they use pumpkin, sugar art and cake to make fantastic Halloween displays.

Do you get the Food Network channel there? They have a gingerbread Halloween show and also Halloween Wars, where they use pumpkin, sugar art and cake to make fantastic Halloween displays.

We do, but I am super picky with food and the only desserts I eat are ice cream, dulce de leche or sponge cake with a kind of egg frostering.

We do, but I am super picky with food and the only desserts I eat are ice cream, dulce de leche or sponge cake with a kind of egg frostering.

Well, I doubt any one eats these and they are WAY beyond a home cook's skill level, but they are fun to watch and be amazed by what they make.

BTW, you don't usually eat gingerbread houses. The baked dough is not really conducive to eating as it's very hard and it also gets stale after being on display for sometimes weeks.

Back
Top Bottom