Nutella on Toast?

TheViper

Veteran
Local time
9:28 AM
One of my best friends has this weird love of nutella that can never be ceased. He literally puts it on a majority of the foods he eats. When he wakes up in the morning he typically toast some bagels and puts nutella with cream cheese on it. Often times he doesn't have bagels and uses regular cheap toast with just nutella on it. I can't understand how anyone could love it THAT much. What do you guys eat stuff like this in the morning?

I don't have Nutella in my house unless I'm specifically baking something that needs it, because it's too addictive! I'd spoon it from the jar. But I don't really like it on toast, strangely enough! Cakes, cupcakes, cheesecake - anything of those with Nutella get the thumbs up from me. But just something about the taste/consistency of toast and Nutella doesn't appeal to me. Weirdly though I don't mind it on fresh bread...just not toasted!

I have never really liked Nutella and never really got the big craze for it.
So many people just love the stuff. My grand daughter likes it and I buy
it for her and I have tried it again just recently to see if it tasted any better
then I remember and it still did nothing for me.

Nutella is a craze here for more than 2 years already. One addict in Nutella is my niece who is the youngest child of my older sister. She is somewhat spoiled so she always gets what she wants - bottles of Nutella lined up in the pantry rack. She loves the spread on toast or just plain bread like the pandesal which is the morning bread here. But her favorite snack is banana with Nutella. She loves that combination because banana is tastier than bread.

I am not really a fan of nutella. I have just the remnants of a jar in the cupboard. To me it is too sweet, and tastes like frosting or icing. I may get another jar of it though, as I have seen a few 3 ingredient brownie recipes that call for nutella. It is also OK to use as a fruit dip. In general however, I think peanut butter tastes better and is healthier for you.

One of my best friends has this weird love of nutella that can never be ceased. He literally puts it on a majority of the foods he eats. When he wakes up in the morning he typically toast some bagels and puts nutella with cream cheese on it. Often times he doesn't have bagels and uses regular cheap toast with just nutella on it. I can't understand how anyone could love it THAT much. What do you guys eat stuff like this in the morning?

Tell your mate that its a kid's thing (see above posts). He will no doubt grow out of it. Either that or he will just grow fat! :laugh:

I like nutella on toast with a lot of bananas aside from that I don't think I'd eat nutella that often. I've eaten a nutella pizza in a restaurant before it was really good it had a lot of bananas and peanuts, I also had it on some crepe with mangoes. For breakfast I usually just have jam with toast or rice and sausages or bacon with eggs. I mix it up a lot and end it with something sweet like orange juice or a piece of chocolate.

Nutella is not something I ever bought until I joined forums. I saw people talking about it a lot and then saw a three ingredient recipe that called for it. I've bought it maybe twice only. The baking was not a total fail as I remember. As for using it as a spread, I don't think anyone here is going to enjoy that.

We love Nutella at my house so I rarely buy it. I love it on toast, waffles, bagles, ect. But my favorite way to have it is to put the jar in the microwave long enough to make it a little runny, then pour it over vanilla ice cream. I have also used it to fill cupcakes,,, just put it in a piping bag with a small round tip on it and insert it into the bottom of the cupcake paper and squeeze.

We love Nutella at my house so I rarely buy it. I love it on toast, waffles, bagles, ect. But my favorite way to have it is to put the jar in the microwave long enough to make it a little runny, then pour it over vanilla ice cream. I have also used it to fill cupcakes,,, just put it in a piping bag with a small round tip on it and insert it into the bottom of the cupcake paper and squeeze.

Now that bit about putting it in the microwave and using it as a topping for ice cream sounds really good. I could see how that would be quite delicious. I still intend to pick up another but it's going to be for baking or this ice cream topping suggestion.

Nutella is so good it is horrible. If it was not bad for me, I would eat a whole jar of it in one sitting. I love to have Nutella and peanut butter together on toast for a special treat. Needless to say, I do not buy it often!

TOASTED NUTELLA AND STRAWBERRIES

Ingredients:
Nutella
2 slices of your favourite bread (I prefer rye)
3-4 fresh strawberries

Directions:
Toast two slices of your favourite bread. Spread Nutella on one side of bread, top with slices strawberries, cover and cut in half. Serve with a glass of milk and additional strawberries on the side.

Crunchy Stuffed Nutella and Banana French Toast

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cornflakes, crushed
1/2 cup Nutella
8 slices white bread
2 medium bananas, sliced thin
2 to 4 tablespoons unsalted buttter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Confectioners' sugar for dusting
Maple syrup for serving on the side

DIRECTIONS

1. In medium bowl, whisk cream, milk, eggs, yolk, sugar, vanilla, and salt to combine. Place cornflakes in pie plate or shallow bowl.

2. Spread a scant tablespoon Nutella onto each bread slice, keeping 1/4-inch from edge. Arrange banana slices in even layer onto 4 of the bread slices, keeping bananas 1/2-inch from edge. Sandwich with remaining bread slices, pressing gently to adhere.

3. Dip each french toast sandwich into egg mixture, soaking well. Place in cornflakes and coat both sides well. Transfer sandwiches to large plate.

4. Heat half of the butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, until foaming subsides, tilting the pan to coat evenly. Place french toast sandwiches in pan and cook until bottom is golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. (Adjust heat if browning too quickly).

5. Flip sandwiches, and add remaining butter to the pan, lifting sandwiches so that butter can get underneath. Cook until cooked through and the bottom is golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes more.

6. Transfer to cutting board and cut each sandwich in half diagonally. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with maple syrup.

All of the talk about Nutella I went out and bought myself a small jar of it yesterday...sigh! I had some with melted butter on a piece of English muffin this morning and it tasted fantastic!

My kids love nutella. They just like it on bread. It makes for a quick breakfast when you are in a hurry. Sometimes I let them have it as a dessert or with their pancakes. I like the idea of adding cream cheese as well. It would cut down on the sweetness. We have a traditional pastry that is made here called a Beaver Tail, it's basically deep fried dough which is thin and crispy in the shape of a beaver's tail. You can get it with sugar and cinnamon but a favourite one for my kids is served with Nutella on top.

I used to adore Nutella. The very best treat was hot toast, with melted butter and melting nutella on it. Dripping off your hands and down your arms as you ate it.
Wonderful. Cooking with it is great fun as well. I have some nutella double chocolate chip brownies posted up here somewhere... here we go
https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/nutella-chocolate-chip-brownies.3248
and they are excellent and well worth making.

Sadly I can neither have nutella on toast or nutella anymore and dairy free chocolate spreads are just not the same. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom