Octopus and Squid

CraigC

Guru
Local time
7:38 PM
How do you prepare or like them prepared? Love grilled octopus Greek style. Fried calamari and stuffed tubes are two of our favorites.

Very slow cooked is my preference - its hit and miss in my experience when fast cooked. With more misses in my case resulting in chewy squid. I've go a lovely spicy squid in black ink slow-cooked recipe which I keep meaning to cook and post.

We also make a salad with quickly steamed squid, and shrimp and/or conch as well, with a dressing of kimchi base and honey over shredded carrots and sliced cucumbers. In fact, I used the last of our frozen squid for this recently. :cry:

2019-05-03-19-09-20-jpg.jpg

I used to like eating squid and octopus when I was in Germany in 1969/70, but they had to get me drunk to try it the first time! I also used to have it at a nearby Greek restaurant, but that is long gone. The newish Turkish restaurant round the corner sells it, but unfortunately I developed a horrendous seafood allergy getting on for 20 years ago so I won't be eating it again.

I've never cooked octopus or squid. Its definitely on my list of things to experiment with. I've eaten both before. Just never prepared it myself.

Back
Top Bottom