Old appliances that you no longer need or use.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
9:29 AM
How many of you have old small appliances that you no longer need or use?

I'm about to do a sweeping cleanup of the back room in my apartment to help get rid of the much older small appliances that I no longer need or use. Plus some other stuff that is just cluttering up that room, that it is awfully hard to get at most stuff!!

I just did a sweeping cleanup of the bedroom closet so that I can hang up my clothes in there! Through out about 15 large trash bags of junk plus clothes I no longer wear that was just making me so sick to look at!!! One more area and I'm done in there! But I have to make some room in the back off from the kitchen. It makes me look like a packrat!!! Like on the show Horders!!! :eek:

We still have tons of those, some even spanning generations, as much as it shames me to admit it. I think we still have some appliances for the 60s or 70s that were given to my mother and father as a wedding gift :D they don't take up that much space though so I don't really mind. I know I will get a kick out of them someday when I start organizing and I may even decide to just bust them out purely for display.

None. I sold everything I owned 3.5 years ago to go off and cycle around the world and have had to slowly replace things since we got back. We simply don't have the space for spare items in the house we live in - the kitchen is tiny and there is very little cupboard space so storage, so only things I use and will continue to use make it into the kitchen and anything we get 'given' that is not useful simply does not survive.

When there are appliances that are damaged or we don't need anymore, we sell them to the junkshop. We get a lot of money for them even though they are already damaged. A tip though, selling a television to the junk shop will not yield a lot of cash because the parts of a TV are not that recyclable.

I rarely use my electric hand mixer, but I do need to hang on to that. There could be a time I would need it, so I had better have one on hand. If I ever decided to make whipped cream that would definitely be necessary. I have not collected a lot of gadgets, so I really don't have much that I am not using on at least a somewhat regular basis.

How many of you have old small appliances that you no longer need or use?

I'm about to do a sweeping cleanup of the back room in my apartment to help get rid of the much older small appliances that I no longer need or use. Plus some other stuff that is just cluttering up that room, that it is awfully hard to get at most stuff!!

I just did a sweeping cleanup of the bedroom closet so that I can hang up my clothes in there! Through out about 15 large trash bags of junk plus clothes I no longer wear that was just making me so sick to look at!!! One more area and I'm done in there! But I have to make some room in the back off from the kitchen. It makes me look like a packrat!!! Like on the show Horders!!! :eek:
I no longer use my old juicer. I upgraded to a much better quality juicer. I also have one of those old roaster ovens for outdoor use. I have no need for that anymore.

The question is, do I take them to thrift shop, which there are none in my neighborhood, of do I just set them out on the sidewalk with the trash , in hopes that someone will pick them up and take them home, which they often do?!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom