Old Or New?

New kitchen toys for the new Apartment!
Got some new kitchen toys for the new apartment! An orange microwave, a new set of orange cookware, a New Presto Big Kitchen Kettle & a new food vacuum sealer! :wink:

Last edited:
I don't mind if something is new or secondhand - so long as it does the job. I have a decent amount of storage in the kitchen but I try to limit the gadgets...the bigger they are the more they need to earn their place by doing more than one job! I think my oldest gadget is a stick blender: I've had it 14 years and was secondhand when I got it - it still works fine, though I guess a new one would probably work better (faster/sharper). The things I use most are my KitchenAid stand mixer and my Instant Pot pressure/multi cooker - both were bought new less than 3 years ago but have so far been totally reliable. I also have a 10 year old Magimix food processor in the cupboard - I don't use it much but there are certain jobs it is absolutely wonderful for so I'd never get rid of it.

Electrolux Assistent Stand Mixer..jpg

Here's my mixer. :wink:

I don't mind if something is new or secondhand - so long as it does the job. I have a decent amount of storage in the kitchen but I try to limit the gadgets...the bigger they are the more they need to earn their place by doing more than one job! I think my oldest gadget is a stick blender: I've had it 14 years and was secondhand when I got it - it still works fine, though I guess a new one would probably work better (faster/sharper). The things I use most are my KitchenAid stand mixer and my Instant Pot pressure/multi cooker - both were bought new less than 3 years ago but have so far been totally reliable. I also have a 10 year old Magimix food processor in the cupboard - I don't use it much but there are certain jobs it is absolutely wonderful for so I'd never get rid of it.

Stuff that takes up a considerable amount of kitchen real estate on the countertop, I keep in the pantry when not in use. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom