Ordered a Compact Washer & Dryer Today!!

The device that I got today, had sprung a leak before I was done laundering the clothes. But I used it anyway until all the clothes were washed. I read on Amazon that some customers had switched over to a regular washer hose, & there problems went away. I wonder if that'll work for me!!

The device that I got today, had sprung a leak before I was done laundering the clothes. But I used it anyway until all the clothes were washed. I read on Amazon that some customers had switched over to a regular washer hose, & there problems went away. I wonder if that'll work for me!!
Good luck

Russ

That mangler is looking better and better! :)

Wondered whether the washer would work in the bathroom. Put an adapter onto the faucet just to see. And it worked!! The clothes will be washed in there now. Got so tired of not being able to use the fill hose in the kitchen & being forced to pouring buckets of water into the machine every time it came to filling it & washing clothes!! 😡

Last edited:
Our mom had one of these when we were kids. The wringer assembly would pop off & hit the ceiling!! We had to run out of the kitchen for cover!!!! Maytag was still making them way into the '90's, then they stopped. But today's washers spin the clothes so fast, to close to 1,000 rpm, or at least to 750 rpm!! That is pretty fast!! Less time in the dryer!!!! :headshake:

Last edited:
Another thing that I've learned from watching vids on Youtube is that some customers are saying that the HE (high-efficiency) tumbler washers are no good, simply because they don't use enough water to help clean the clothes!!

Whereas old school top loaders can help get clothes much cleaner because the tubs fill to the top with water. HE tumblers are stingy with water, supposedly saving on the use of water. No wonder those machines downstairs in the laundry room don't get the clothes clean enough for me!! I don't like them at all!! My machine fills to the top when the the level is set to high. The dryers are no bargain either because they don't dry the clothes well enough, causing you to put an extra $2 in just to finish getting the clothes dry!! Then you are burning your hands trying to unload them because the clothes are way too hot!!! :mad:

Last edited:
Another thing that I've learned from watching vids on Youtube is that some customers are saying that the HE (high efficiency) tumbler washers are no good, simply because they don't use enough water to help clean the clothes!!

Whereas old school top loaders can get clothes cleaner because the tubs fill to the top with water. HE tumblers are stingy with water, supposedly saving on the use of water. No wonder those machines downstairs in the laundry room don't get the clothes clean enough for me!! I don't like them at all!! :mad:

I've heard that many times, but my clothes get clean, and I have an HE front-loader. All machines sold new in the US must be HE, whether they are front or top loaders. They all use less water.

Where I live, saving water is important. We often have water restrictions in the summer. If you are caught breaking the restrictions, the city can turn your water off. It costs 200-bucks to get it turned back on.

CD

I've heard that many times, but my clothes get clean, and I have an HE front-loader. All machines sold new in the US must be HE, whether they are front or top loaders. They all use less water.

Where I live, saving water is important. We often have water restrictions in the summer. If you are caught breaking the restrictions, the city can turn your water off. It costs 200-bucks to get it turned back on.

CD

I don't pay for water or other utilities because it is included in the rent. Just cable TV & phone service. Lucky me!! Hah!! :whistling:

Last edited:
I don't pay for water or other utilities because it is included in the rent. Lucky me!! Hah!! :whistling:

It is not a matter of paying for water here, it is a matter of water being available. All of our water supply comes from reservoirs in North Texas. When we have a drought, the water gets rationed as the reservoirs start running dry.

CD

Another thing that I've learned from watching vids on Youtube is that some customers are saying that the HE (high efficiency) tumbler washers are no good, simply because they don't use enough water to help clean the clothes!!
I have an HE top-loader (GE). It's given me some trouble lately, the first being that the spinning mechanism (I'm not a washer repairer, so forgive me for not knowing the technical term) became unseated or something like that.

It was a simple repair, kind of like a dislocated shoulder, just pop it back in place, but the repair guy told me to quit using the "Precise Fill" feature of the machine, which is designed to sense how much clothing you've added to the tub, and set the water level accordingly.

He explained that it never uses enough water, the clothes get bogged down in the tub, can't move freely around, and end up unbalanced and putting stress on the spinning motor, which will cause it to pop out and stop running.

He said the way around that is to always run the washer on the highest water setting, regardless of whether it's a small, medium, or large load. That does kind of defeat the whole HE concept, but that's what I've been doing since, and I've virtually eliminated unbalanced loads.

I have an HE top-loader (GE). It's given me some trouble lately, the first being that the spinning mechanism (I'm not a washer repairer, so forgive me for not knowing the technical term) became unseated or something like that.

It was a simple repair, kind of like a dislocated shoulder, just pop it back in place, but the repair guy told me to quit using the "Precise Fill" feature of the machine, which is designed to sense how much clothing you've added to the tub, and set the water level accordingly.

He explained that it never uses enough water, the clothes get bogged down in the tub, can't move freely around, and end up unbalanced and putting stress on the spinning motor, which will cause it to pop out and stop running.

He said the way around that is to always run the washer on the highest water setting, regardless of whether it's a small, medium, or large load. That does kind of defeat the whole HE concept, but that's what I've been doing since, and I've virtually eliminated unbalanced loads.

Mine once got so unbalanced during the spin cycle that it shut off. Normally, it spins the load at about 750 rpm. I had to redistribute the load & turn it back on. Some machines have this feature, so that it won't damage the machine, causing an expensive repair job.

The stuff that used to be found only on expensive high-end machines are now featured on some medium to low-end models also. :whistling:

Last edited:
Mechanical timers have been replaced with the computer-type push-button ones. You dont see mechanical ones on washers or dryers now. All the way down to the compact machines. Sign of the times!! Hah!! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom