Oven Gloves

Do you use Oven Gloves

• Total voters

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:44 AM
In the same spirit as the thread on Aprons (don't know how to add a voting box. presume that's an admin thing)-
Do you use oven gloves? Or are you like me? I usually use a tea-towel despite the fact I've got some oven gloves.

I always use oven gloves. Probably because ive burnt my hands too many times in the dim and distant past. I like cloth ones, but Mr WD bought some of those hideous and horrible silicon ones. They're bloomin awful and I refuse to use them.

I use the dry towel when I remove something from the oven. We do have ovens mitts and gloves but I like the towel better.

I always use oven gloves when I am removing anything from the oven, and even when I am dealing with hot pots on the stove. The thickness in the gloves are good for keeping the heat away from my hands, more so than an ordinary towel would. I do not think I have ever used an ordinary kitchen towel for this purpose. Anything coming out of the oven would be too hot, in my opinion, to just use an ordinary towel. I like it when anyone gives me a gift of oven gloves for Christmas. For me, they are a must have in the kitchen.

I use oven gloves because they are thick and I will not risk burning my hands. I have used tea towels before, but I can start to feel the heat very quickly. The only glove I would not recommend is the Overall Glove because you can get burned badly if the glove is at all wet when you pull food from the oven.

I've usually got little burn marks going across my lower arm, from hitting the shelf above when removing things from the oven. Careless. Perhaps due to not using oven gloves:(:ohmy:.

I use oven gloves. Cloth ones at that.
But when I can't find them, I will reach for a tea-towel.

don't know how to add a voting box. presume that's an admin thing
Nope, anyone can set one up.
I'll do a quick 'how do I?' under site support for you.

Done, and if you click the edit button underneath your initial thread, you should be able to add a poll even now that the thread is up and running!

Last edited:
I use oven gloves. Cloth ones at that.
But when I can't find them, I will reach for a tea-towel.

Nope, anyone can set one up.
I'll do a quick 'how do I?' under site support for you.

Done, and if you click the edit button underneath your initial thread, you should be able to add a poll even now that the thread is up and running!
Done!

I use oven gloves (or "mitts" as we call them) sometimes and pot holders at other times. The mitts cover more skin when reaching into the oven and the pot holders are better when grabbing a hot pan handle. It seems on cooking shows they use kitchen towels instead of gloves or pot holders. I tried it once, trying to be cool like the TV chefs, and was not pleased with how quickly the heat penetrated the cloth. So I keep a stack of pot holders around. I have set a couple of them on fire by not paying attention when maneuvering a low sitting pan over a live burner. I imagine I'd be burning up tea towels like roasting marshmallows.

Last weekend we baked cassava cake and it's not that easy because we have to turn the pie pans around so the baking will be even. And for that, we need the oven glove. Our oven is an LPG powered so it is not practical to turn it off. That means we have to rotate the pie pan while the fire is alive. That's too hot to handle and only the oven gloves can do the job.

An oven gloves is very useful to me in my baking. We all know the hot temperature of the oven while we are baking. And if we are not using oven gloves we might touch the hot surface inside the oven when we are getting what we are baking and our hands might get burn. It is very convenient to use and I think it is a necessity in our baking needs.

Yes. I always wear oven gloves when I take food out to protect my hand from heat or burning. In past, I don't use gloves, but my sister insisted me to wear it especially to cook baking items.

I use whatever is around but a lot of times I will used oven gloves. The thing is I feel like I hardly ever put them on. I honestly can't remember when last I actually pushed my hand in the gloves. I usually just grab the glove and use it like a thick cloth. I guess I am always rushing so that works best for me.

Back
Top Bottom