Oven Safe Cookware

Kate

Veteran
Local time
1:23 AM
I have a large sized pan with a heavy glass lid that is oven safe and I've always loved it... makes a few of my recipes that require both stove top and oven a lot easier for sure.

Recently I won a chili pot made from the same material with the same kind of lid and it's fast becoming my new favorite piece of cookware.

What's your favorite recipe to make with oven safe cookware? I think mine would have to be meatball sliders.

I've been meaning to get one of those ceramic coated iron pots with a lit for this very reason. It's just that they are rather pricey and I would probably want several in different sizes. Also they are much heavier, so I wasn't sure if I would like cleaning them or not.

Currently I have all Pyrex baking dishes that came with fitted lids (on most of them). They do cook really well, though I never tried using them on the burner too - though it probably would work. My big problem with Pyrex stuff through that I have discovered is that they have a tendency to shatter unexpectedly. Apparently this is a common problem, especially with the newer stuff. I've personally seen it happen three times now, twice with my own dishes and once over my parent's house. Thankfully none of us were hurt, but we very easily could have been. I'm much more cautious with them now, especially with trying to avoid them changing temperature too quickly - such as putting them on a cold counter right out of the oven.

Back
Top Bottom