Own Cooking Book or Notes

zararian

Veteran
Local time
6:28 PM
Do you have your own cooking book or notes?
I actually have a little compilation of simple recipes that I stored online. It helps me a lot remembering some recipes that I do not usually prepare or cook. Also some recipes are share by my grandmother.

I remembered when I was still in high school I always watched my mother while cooking in the kitchen and I had my notebook and pen ready writing her recipes. I had improvised some of her recipes and also I had compilation of new recipes that I read in some cooking books and through online search. And now that I am living already in another country my husband homeland I still had and brought my old and new recipes with me.

My mother and I share a cooking notebook, with sections for every type of meal. It was her idea because she used to do it with grandma when she was young. That beautiful leather-bound notebook is our pride and joy and only recipes that have been prepared at least three times and checked by the whole family go in it. I am the calligrapher and I must say it has proven to be a great outlet for my stationery obsession :)

We don't have a "cooking book" per se, but there has been this sort of old "journal" where everyone keeps their recipes - especially my mother, her mother, and her mother before. We usually pass this around the entire family especially during vacation so my aunts and other cousins could also write in their recipes whenever we cook together for the Christmas meals and all.

I don't, but really should. I have my mother's old Betty Crocker cookbook and it has notes scribbled on it, but for some reason I've always had a bit of a horror of writing in any book. Even underlining kind of stressed me out.

And I'm not nearly organized enough to have any notebook of my own. I just try to remember things, fail, and make it up as I go along.

I don't because I was never passed down any recipes by my elders so I'd really have nothing to collate. What I do have is tons of bookmarks on my browser that link to videos and blog articles of the recipes I've found interesting over the years. At this point, I've already collected hundreds of them and I can just scroll through them whenever I need some inspiration.

No I don't have a family recipe/note book. My mum has it, and she lives in another country so I doubt I'll be getting my hands on it any time soon! I have a lot of store-bought recipe books which I do use a lot.

Back
Top Bottom