Recipe Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Shaun

Guru
Local time
5:07 PM
I'll be giving these a try later today: http://www.hellmanns.com/recipes/detail/8366/1

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
  • 4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425°.
  2. Combine mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
  3. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Came out nice too - although I think I overdid the Parmesan - it was richer than I expected. :whistling:

BTW an American cup measurement is around 250ml and the oven temp was 220 degrees C - I ended up looking it up on the iPhone from the kitchen once I realised it wasn't a UK recipe. :thumbsup:

We gave up and purchased some 'cup' measures like this.... It has made life much easier and one of them is exactly the quantity of porridge oats needed in the morning...

dry_measuring_cups.jpg

I tried this the other day - it was excellent. Here in Spain, we can buy ready-made breadcrumbs with parsley and garlic flavouring, so I used those. They added another layer of flavour to the chicken. It works with low fat mayonnaise as well, for those who are watching their weight.

I've always wanted to try this and kept forgetting to actually do it. *But* I've used a recipe like this for fish filets and it always turned out great. I don't recall the amounts, but unlike this recipe, I'm pretty sure it was more bread crumbs and less Parmesan.

I just put what I think is enough bread crumbs on a plate and then sprinkled with as much Parmesan as I wanted. Spread mayo on the fish, press into the crumb/cheese mixture, and bake until the fish is finished and "flaky." Can't remember the temperature but I assume 350 or 375F.

(Adding here... I just looked it up. :whistling: Recipe says 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes... but you'll know when the fish is done/flaky.)

Back
Top Bottom