Pasta Sauce

I have never done your first suggestion, but I want to now. I do something very similar to your second suggestion, with the cherry tomatoes, on a regular basis. I cut my cherry tomatoes in half. I like to use a cayenne pepper from my garden. It is very similar to the thin red peppers grown in Italy.

View attachment 44176

CD

I oven-bake often tomatoes in that way,they turn out tasty and slightly crunchy.

Yes, they are very similar to those that grown here, it’s a nice idea, especially for arrabbiata sauce

Well, I miss a day then log in expecting one or two replies and it is now on page two, I'm flabbergasted.

A few questions:

Do you mean a basic tomato sauce or are you looking for a sauce with other ingredients such as ground beef?

Would you/she like it spicy?

My top tip is to use some red wine. It will increase the complexity and depth of taste a lot.

MG thanks and thanks all of you. Yes a basic sauce, my lady don't want to make it to difficult, and yes we do like it spicy but I always get the balance of spices wrong so would like some guidance with spice. I like the red wine idea.

Thanks everyone I am beginning to see what I need to do with all the posts

Neither is sous-vide :D :whistling:
The shot through my foot is healing nicely. I bought this today - some fantastic recipes, almost every one involving tomatoes were concasse.

Well, I miss a day then log in expecting one or two replies and it is now on page two, I'm flabbergasted.

MG thanks and thanks all of you. Yes a basic sauce, my lady don't want to make it to difficult, and yes we do like it spicy but I always get the balance of spices wrong so would like some guidance with spice. I like the red wine idea.

Thanks everyone I am beginning to see what I need to do with all the posts

On a tomato sauce, I start light on the spices, because they tend to "bloom" as the sauce simmers. So, when I taste the sauce when I first mix everything, it should taste a little bit weak. As it simmers, I taste, and the spices get stronger. I do my final adjustments at the end of the simmer.

CD

Olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms, diced chorizo if you have it, quartered whole tomatoes, dried oregano, paprika, red wine, stock. Let it all cook down for an hour. Chuck in some meat if you want. I did exactly this last night to use up some leftover cooked steak. No need to weigh/measure anything, simply adjust to taste.

I normally use a recipe and follow it to the letter, I'll follow this advice and wing it!!! I'll let you all know what happens, looks like I can't go wrong, CAN I !!!:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom