Paying the price for Michelin star food

I tried to do this quiz but keep getting 'page expired' notifications. :ohmy:

My thoughts re Michelin starred restaurants - yes, expensive but look for lunch deals. I've eaten at several Michelin starred restaurants for around £25 per head for 3 courses plus 'amuse bouche' at lunch time.

Typically for a full price I'd expect to pay £45 to £60 per head. More sometimes. Its a lot of money - but on the other hand I've paid £60 - £80 for a bog standard meal for two in an average restaurant.

OK managed to do the quiz. I reckon they have sourced some of the most expensive Michelin Starred restaurants. I'm staying in Saffron Walden and the nearby Michelin starred and famous restaurant Midsummer House in Cambridge has prices like this - Chef: Daniel Clifford

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 16.17.31.png

And here is the Michelin starred restaurant in Chester - Simon Radley at The Chester Grosvenor:

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 16.10.23.png

OK managed to do the quiz. I reckon they have sourced some of the most expensive Michelin Starred restaurants. I'm staying in Saffron Walden and the nearby Michelin starred and famous restaurant Midsummer House in Cambridge has prices like this - Chef: Daniel Clifford

View attachment 16724

And here is the Michelin starred restaurant in Chester - Simon Radley at The Chester Grosvenor:

View attachment 16723
I think I'll pass - I, the cats, and the mutt could live for a month on £96.50!

Never been to one. I have been to excellent upscale Italian restaurants and spent several hundred dollars for 3-4 people, excluding the wine. Now they are gone, except one that is a couple hundred miles away.:ohmy:

I've only been to one expensive restaurant (expensive to me, anyway). It was on my birthday several years ago. The bill came to over £300 for four of us, but with my NHS ID, someone else's Tesco clubcard vouchers, and another person's discount card we ended up paying £230. Quite a saving.

I can't imagine wanting to pay that much for a meal.

Back
Top Bottom