Recipe Peach and Orange Mousse

BeeMee

Veteran
Local time
8:51 AM
This recipe holds a particularly special place in my heart because 1.) It's delicious and 2.) I can't eat it any more. As a vegetarian I don't eat gelatin, and although there are veggie substitutes I've never been able to replicate the recipe as it should be using them.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it if you give it a go. Believe me, it's worth it.

the finely grated zest and the juice of one fresh range
1 tin (400g net mass) ice-cold evaporated milk

Put the water into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over its surface. Set aside for five minutes, or until it has solidified into a 'sponge'. Now sink the bowl, just up to its rim, into another, bigger bowl or pot of boiling water, and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Or you can warm it until it has dissolved in the microwave (about 20-30 seconds on High), but don't allow it to boil, which may destroy its setting properties.

Put the peaches, their juice, the orange juice and the orange zest into the goblet of a liquidiser or blender. and process to a fine purée. Stir in the dissolved gelatin. In a separate bowl, whip the evaporated milk until doubled in volume. Gently fold the puréed fruit mixture into the beaten milk. Pour into glasses or a rinsed jelly mould and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set.

Thanks for sharing! That sounds like a delicious spring/summer treat. Now if only our weather would consistently feel like spring, we'd be on a roll! I may have to give this a try in the near future.

Sounds delicious. I may add this to my summer treat recipe book to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, guys. :)
Lemme know if any of you try it out. I'd love to hear how it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom