Peanut Butter Cake: The Questions

sorrowscall

Veteran
Local time
3:43 PM
Well, I've finally solved my problem with getting flour for the cake I need thanks to the wonderful people here. Now I need to actually make the cake, to be fair, I've never really added much in the way of shortening to my cake except once, and I didn't like it. I don't plan on adding it to this cake either, but I can't help wondering what's so great about shortening-having home made cakes compared to the slightly more unconventional ones? That's not my only question, but the second isn't really one of personal taste.

Heh, get it, taste? At any rate, would it be going to far to use peanut butter as an icing for a peanut butter cake? I've a theory that it will make the flavor richer and add a bit of a crunch since I do plan on using the nutty kind to compliment the nut-crushed flour I'll be using in the cake. Further more, it might be best to mix the peanut butter itself with some type of sugar first to make it more icing like in nature. However, I'm not sure that will work outside of theory since this will be my first attempt at the kind of peanut butter icing I have in mind.

Back
Top Bottom