Perfect Bacon Bowl

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
6:40 PM
This was another Dollar Tree find recently. Considering it was only $1 I figured I would give it a try. Honestly I wasn't expecting much since they are basically just two molded pieces of plastic. The only real advantage with these is that you can make your bacon bowl in the microwave, as opposed to using a metal muffin tin flipped over, which would have to go in the oven.

The two plastic units are small, but I'm assuming they were designed to be just the right size for a typical piece of bacon to wrap around them. The instructions call for three pieces of bacon for each "bowl" but you could probably get away with just two, unless you are intending doing something like cracking an egg into the bowls, in which case you will want to seal off any holes in the bottom with that third piece.

The cooked bacon bowls are even smaller since the bacon itself shrinks. You can really only fit maybe two or three tablespoons of whatever in each of these bowls once cooked. You can also use these for bread bowls, but again, they are so small, they wouldn't be practical for a soup bread bowl. Also, since there is only two in a package, if you were making these for your family or a group of people, it would take quite some time to keep putting two at a time in the oven.

These might be cute if you wanted to make single servings of stuff like, perhaps potato salad or something, to serve at a party. But beyond that, I'm definitely glad I didn't pay full price for these.

6758.zoom.a.jpg

Wow, a bowl made from bacon! You sure get some good stuff from Dollar Tree, but I do wonder how people who have bought these things from the infomercials feel when they see them for sale at a much lower price!

I'll buy it from a store first. Boy, don't get me started with THEM!! I absolutely HATE those commercials with a pure passion something FIERCE!!!

I don't like the fact that they are forcing a so-called free one on you, telling you that it's for free, & then friggen charging you for separate processing & handling, claiming that it's for free.
Well, it's NOT for free!!

They absolutely MURDER me with those ripoff commercials!! And then comes their famous line; "But wait. We're not done yet! As a 'FREE" BONUS to you, we' send you this mandolin slicer that will help save you time in the kitchen when preparing your meals! But we're STILL not done!! Order now, and we'll throw in a 2nd one FOR "FREE"!!! Absolutely for free!! You pay nothing extra!! Just pay separate processing & handling!"

Oh, that just gets right under my skin!!! When those "As-Seen-on-TV crap commercials come on, I do one of two things. Either I mute the sound or I change the channel!! They're so exasperating, sickening and aggravating!!! :mad:

Last edited:
Oh my word Shermie, how useless are these? There's even a vegetable spaghetti machine, for crying out loud! Now in the dollar store, I could be tempted by a couple of these but at their full price - no way!

Oh my word Shermie, how useless are these? There's even a vegetable spaghetti machine, for crying out loud! Now in the dollar store, I could be tempted by a couple of these but at their full price - no way!

Fools rush in & fall for all of this hogwash where wise people never go. But wise people are never taken by these scams, so how are they to know? :wink:

Most of that stuff just doesn't work.

As I said above, when those ads come on, I either mute the sound or change the channel!

I am the King of Kitchen Toys, but I DO know a scam when I see one!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom