Photos MUST be at the top, all of the sudden...

caseydog

Local time
5:41 AM
I have always just dragged and dropped photos from my Mac desktop into a post, placing it wherever I wanted to. Now, no matter where I drop a photo, it moves to the top of the post, and fights my efforts to move it.

Anyone else seeing this?

CD

I have always just dragged and dropped photos from my Mac desktop into a post, placing it wherever I wanted to. Now, no matter where I drop a photo, it moves to the top of the post, and fights my efforts to move it.

Anyone else seeing this?

CD
I think it's a safari issue.

Can you tell me what happens if you upload an image via the file upload option and then manually insert the image rather than drag and drop?

Also can you delete the image from the edit window without deleting it as a file upload and then manually locate it?

I have no apple products myself so can't test, and drag and drop isn't available to me an Android devices. I'd have to turn on my laptop, create a mobile hotspot and connect it to it- we're without power today and Thursday, all day.

1. I don't know about the long version of uploading the image, I'm a drag-and-drop kinda' guy. :happy:

2. I can delete the image in the edit, without deleting the upload.

3. I have not updated Safari in a looooong time, so I'm not sure how that could be the issue. This problem is only a few weeks old.

4. Another thing is that the photo tends to attach itself to the first line of text. I can't cut and past the text to move it above the photo, without the photo cutting and pasting with it, leaving me right where I started. I have to copy and paste my text, and then delete the copied photo.

CD

3. I have not updated Safari in a looooong time, so I'm not sure how that could be the issue. This problem is only a few weeks old.
The site gets updated frequently so relies on web browsers working in a specific manner. Not updating your software is the most likely problem because MG who also has a macbook has not reported a problem. The site has had 4 or 5 updates to the forum software in the last 2 months including 2 in the last 3 weeks.
1. I don't know about the long version of uploading the image, I'm a drag-and-drop kinda' guy.
It was to help troubleshooting.
4. Another thing is that the photo tends to attach itself to the first line of text. I can't cut and past the text to move it above the photo, without the photo cutting and pasting with it, leaving me right where I started. I have to copy and paste my text, and then delete the copied photo.
likely as not this is also a software update problem. see 1.

Okay, I'll see if I can update Safari without upgrading my OS. Whenever I upgrade my OS, it fixes one problem, and causes two new problems.

CD

But I've discovered another bug in the process!

Partial or full replies will only go to the bottom of the editor and not to where your cursor is!
(Andriod Chrome and Opera confirmed so far)

The way around this bug is to add the full or partial "reply" to the +Quote and then insert the Quote(s) to where your cursor is... (instead of using the green "Reply to membername" option which will only go to the bottom of the editor not where your cursor is)

then

and...

Well, I'll just have to live with it, because I'd have to upgrade to a newer version ov OSX, which I already know will make my Adobe Creative Suite software stop working, which means I'd have to upgrade to Adobe CC, which means I'd have to pay $53 a month, plus double the RAM in my mac, and possibly buy a new Mac. Adobe and Apple (under Steve Cook) are evil. :devil:

CD

But I've discovered another bug in the process!

Partial or full replies will only go to the bottom of the editor and not to where your cursor is!
(Andriod Chrome and Opera confirmed so far)

The way around this bug is to add the full or partial "reply" to the +Quote and then insert the Quote(s) to where your cursor is... (instead of using the green "Reply to membername" option which will only go to the bottom of the editor not where your cursor is)

View attachment 71847then
View attachment 71848
and...
View attachment 71849

I have already figured out a workaround for my problem. It is a PITA, but it does work. Thanks.

CD

Back
Top Bottom