Pickled Garlic

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
12:08 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I got given a jar of pickled garlic fro Christmas and I have come to the conclusion I am at an utter loss as to what to do with it. It is apparently pickled in "aged vinegar" but there is no clue on the label as to what vinegar.

Has anyone ever tried any? If so, what is it like?
How do I use it?
What can it go into (bearing in mind I am effectively vegan)?

Currently about the only thoughts I have come up with could be in a homemade salad dressing?

I have used pickled garlic when stir frying vegetables. I chop it up and add it to my pan. I did find this link with many uses for pickled garlic. Hope it helps. Pickled Garlic

Ever since I married and lived here in Korea my husband native country I had adapted already their eating lifestyle and that is eating with so many side dishes. Here in every meal there are so many small to medium plates with different side dishes and vegetables and it is in their culture. During my first week here as I remembered that is the only time I tasted a pickled garlic, pickled onion and pickled ginger and they all taste good and blends well with their main dishes especially on their plain strips of grilled pork no salt and any other spices then you will wrapped it with fresh lettuce and mint leaves and put a little kimchi on it and then eat it together with any of the pickled garlic, onion and ginger and it is really appetizing and delicious and healthy too..

I've only recently gotten into pickled foods. A friend introduced me to these little platters of pickled things at some Indian restaurant, which were soooo good.

I don't know about ginger, but onion and garlic sound delicious.

I`ve never heard of pickled garlic before. But it sounds delicious and I would love to try it sometime. I had pickled ginger and onions before, though, and loved them. If pickled garlic is anything like them, I will definitely try it out.

When I was in junior high, my mom worked part-time with some other "school moms" in this at-home gourmet gift basket business. They had two products in their stock that my mom ended ordering an entire case full. One was called "Snappers." They were pickled sugar snap peas. Inside the little jars there was always a clove of garlic or two, and my siblings and I always fought over them.

Then, my mom realized the company that made the Snappers actually had a jar of pickled garlic, carrots, and baby onions.

We ate them straight. And loved them.

I don't know what it was. I'm sure our breath was heavenly, but it was so good. So I'd probably just eat them straight. But I'd also add them to tons of things, like roasted tomato/olive dip for bruschetta, spaghetti sauce, salads, etc. I just love garlic so anyway I can eat it (besides raw) I tend to do.

I would use pickled garlic in Italian dishes, just as I use fresh garlic. I would chop them add them to a tomato or pesto based pasta sauce. I would also slice them to place on top of pizzas.

I also think they would be nice in a salad, just added whole or sliced and mixed into an oil based salad dressing.

Back
Top Bottom