Recipe Pilsbury Grands pot pies

If you use biscuits to top your pot pie, make sure your filling is hot when you add them. Otherwise the bottom/sides if done as a crust in a muffing tin, will be soggy. I am making chicken pot pie for dinner tonight,, it is a simple recipe. I simply cut up leftover chicken (or I use raw chicken, dice it up, saute in in a skillet) and add diced onion and celery and then a bag of mixed vegies or a combination of corn, peas, carrots, add cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup with a bit of water. I cook in on the stove top until the vegies are tender, then I pour it in a casserole dish and while it is hot either top it with biscuits or my favorite, crescent rolls rolled out flat and laid over the top of the filling like a pie crust. I have done this with diced up beef, ham, leftover turkey or ground beef. I use different seasonings in it depending on the type of meat I have used in it. My family loves it.

If you use biscuits to top your pot pie, make sure your filling is hot when you add them. Otherwise the bottom/sides if done as a crust in a muffing tin, will be soggy. I am making chicken pot pie for dinner tonight,, it is a simple recipe. I simply cut up leftover chicken (or I use raw chicken, dice it up, saute in in a skillet) and add diced onion and celery and then a bag of mixed vegies or a combination of corn, peas, carrots, add cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup with a bit of water. I cook in on the stove top until the vegies are tender, then I pour it in a casserole dish and while it is hot either top it with biscuits or my favorite, crescent rolls rolled out flat and laid over the top of the filling like a pie crust. I have done this with diced up beef, ham, leftover turkey or ground beef. I use different seasonings in it depending on the type of meat I have used in it. My family loves it.

Your recipe does sound very simple and yummy. I ended up making the pot pies that I mentioned above and they did not turn out as tasty as I would have expected, but that is sometimes the result you get when you use a food manufacturers recipe. I was bummed out, but at least the ingredients did not cost that much and the kids really loved the little pies.

I think it sounds very good as well. I made something similar to what joyce was talking about. It came out of a Costco cookbook and was like one of those complete meal kits but it was homemade, inexpensive and lower in salt. I think the grands recipes sound good as well. I would like those as well.

The one with the grand biscuits sound good but I would want to add some kind of spices for flavor because it sounds very bland the way they have them made. There is really nothing in it for flavour. Of course I am always big on spices when I cook. I like things that have a strong flavour.

Back
Top Bottom