Pinterest or Traditional Cookbook?

ChanellG

Guru
Local time
6:52 AM
I hate to say it, but now that I have my Pinterest account, I don't know if I'll ever have the need to buy another cookbook! There are definite advantages to holding an actual book in your hands as nothing needs to be plugged in or charged or connected to the Internet to access recipes, but not all cookbooks contain a multitude of recipes that I want to try, either.

I've actually given some books away because there were only one or two recipes that actually interested me. I also have a serious book habit, so I pick up things at dollar and discount stores and then get them home and realize there are only a few things that fit my "diet." (Preferred eating habits)

The great thing about Pinterest though is that I have access to so many different things and so many variations on those different things. I have so many pins now, I think I'd be lost if anything happened to Pinterest!

How many food related pin boards do you have?

How many food related pin boards do you have?
None.

I am categorically, despite being an IT Engineer, a cookbook person. If I find a recipe online that I like it will get printed off before being used and if we like it, it will then get stuck into our recipe book. I do have digital copies of our recipes in the recipe book, but we cook from paper, so to speak. No electronic devices in the kitchen!

None.

I am categorically, despite being an IT Engineer, a cookbook person. If I find a recipe online that I like it will get printed off before being used and if we like it, it will then get stuck into our recipe book. I do have digital copies of our recipes in the recipe book, but we cook from paper, so to speak. No electronic devices in the kitchen!

I have more books than I will ever read, so there's a moratorium on new books for the moment, lol. Also, I am not always in my own home when I am cooking, so having digital access to recipes and ideas on the go is rather convenient. Another convenience of a digital device is that cookbooks supply how-to for one food item at a time. If I'm planning a meal with different dishes from different sources, multiple tabs open on my laptop is a lot more convenient.

I've not liked at Pinterest for recipes. Usually I will just google if I am needing some information. I rarely truly use a recipe in he first place. I just look at them for he general idea then make something up with what I have on hand.

I do search online for recipes: Pinterest, YouTube and miscellaneous food blogs. The internet is great for discovering new recipes. But I still love cookbooks. I have a great collection and I will never let them go. I even check out cookbooks from the library.

Back
Top Bottom