Pizza appetizers

Sweetkymom

Veteran
Local time
4:36 PM
I need recipes for different types of pizza appetizers. I'm going to make up an pizza appetizer tray for a casual out of school party in about a month. I'll be feeding about 12 kids and a whole lot of adults.

Well, with pizza the options are pretty much unlimited.
However, make sure you have something for everyone. That (for me) means including a vegetarian option and a cheese only one.

I'd also be sure to make some really basic and simple ones (so the kids will love them) as well as something a bit more exotic: olives, different cheeses, maybe some unusual vegetables/fruits, fish etc. (mainly aimed at the adults)

Turkey pepperoni would be a nice alternative as it's not as greasy as the pork version. A cool fruit dessert pizza would be something different. Top a large vanilla cookie with strawberry spread and whipped cream and fresh sliced fruit of your choice.

Wal-Mart carries bags of mini sizes bagels - you could perhaps make mini pizzas with all sorts of different toppings using those. It would take a little work putting toppings on them all, but after that, all you would have to do is just throw them in the oven for a bit. Or just get some long french breads and make a variety of french bread pizzas, that can be cut into strips.

There are recipes for a baked pizza dip, that basically calls for a cream cheese layer, a layer of sauce, then a layer of shredded cheese, then toppings on the top - bake the whole thing until melted and golden. You could serve it with garlic bagel chips, which are sturdy and will hold up to the heavy dip.

Pizza croissant roll ups would also be fun, plus you can buy some string cheese to go in them that will make them even easier to assemble.

Back
Top Bottom