Pizza Dough Tips

lizzief79

Veteran
Local time
8:53 PM
Although I am generally a good cook and can make most things, the one thing that I cannot make is pizza dough. I have tried several different recipes and methods of making it. These are usually from recipes by celebrity chefs I have found on the Internet. It always ends p really dense and tasteless. My ideal result would be to get them like the ones at Pizza Hut.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get better at making pizza dough? I genuinely do not know what I do wrong.

Which ones have you tried?
I ask because one of the ones I use is from a 'celebrity chef' and I have had no problems with it, so I am wondering what the problem is and which recipes you have tried.
Are you using pre-made mixes or your own flour and yeast? dried yeast or fresh? guessing dried with the availability of fresh yeast in the UK being so hard to get hold of nowadays. If is dried yeast, is it from a large open packet, or individual sachets? a large packet can go off and no longer rise which could be some of the problems, or is it simply you don't like the texture of the ones you are making?

dense and tasteless would really suggest a couple of things to me - firstly the yeast.... secondly lack of salt, dough is something that really benefits it and dense could also be the wrong flour....

just some random thoughts for you... :D

Which ones have you tried?
I ask because one of the ones I use is from a 'celebrity chef' and I have had no problems with it, so I am wondering what the problem is and which recipes you have tried.
Are you using pre-made mixes or your own flour and yeast? dried yeast or fresh? guessing dried with the availability of fresh yeast in the UK being so hard to get hold of nowadays. If is dried yeast, is it from a large open packet, or individual sachets? a large packet can go off and no longer rise which could be some of the problems, or is it simply you don't like the texture of the ones you are making?

dense and tasteless would really suggest a couple of things to me - firstly the yeast.... secondly lack of salt, dough is something that really benefits it and dense could also be the wrong flour....

just some random thoughts for you... :D

I think I have tried Jamie Oliver's recipe and a few by other chefs on the BBC cooking pages. I use dried yeast out of sachets. I do use salt, but perhaps not enough. I am good at baking cakes and bread, so in theory I should have the skills to make pizza dough, but it is horrible. Thanks for your help though.

Back
Top Bottom