Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
caseydog I love the boots and I used to have ones like those. They always remind me of the song "These Boots Are Made For Walking" which in time was sang by Jessica Simpson (I know the song is not originally hers).

The original artist was Nancy Sinatra, the oldest daughter of Frank Sinatra.

CD

They don't need to match, because nobody can see them. :wink:
I'm weird that way - everything has to match, even my underpants, or else I know that it doesn't match and I obsess about it all day. I'm particularly fussy about socks.

Except TastyReuben can play the guitar. I can't.
Can you sing harmony? We can do "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'," and caseydog can wear those ostrich boots and do a little two-step up and down the stage. We'll make millions! Millions, I tell ya!

I'm weird that way - everything has to match, even my underpants, or else I know that it doesn't match and I obsess about it all day. I'm particularly fussy about socks.

Can you sing harmony? We can do "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'," and caseydog can wear those ostrich boots and do a little two-step up and down the stage. We'll make millions! Millions, I tell ya!
First customer. I'd pay to be spared the agony.

I wonder what would have happened to these idiots had they lived through WW2? "No, I'm not wearing that gas mask. I'm asthmatic". FFS.

If they think it's tough wearing a thin bit of cotton over their faces they should try on full NBC kit. Then they should try running up and down a few sand dunes carrying something heavy on their back whilst wearing it. Pathetic snowflakes.

I agree, definitely.
Even if I have never wore a gas mask or running up and down the sand dunes, I got it the situation just like you and other people.
And that way of looking at us wearing masks as if we were all idiots surely worsen even more the situation. So with no further thoughts, I’ve said to him to feel free to find other smart people like him to work with.

Last edited:
As to my plans today...its Employee Recognition Month at work, so all month long, there are raffles and games and things like that going on, with prizes of varying value awarded (some are quite nice). We're also gifted a voucher to shop in the company swag store. In past years, we'd also be treated to a couple of free lunches, but not this year.

Anyway, my point in saying that is that today is also the day of my first scheduled farm share pickup, and wouldn't you know...the pickup time is exactly the same time as the raffle today, and you have to be present (on a WebEx meeting) to win. What's worse, this is a raffle limited to just my market, so instead of a 1/50,000 chance of winning something, it's a mere 1/250.

No raffle for me! 😕

Red Wings

I can't do a Texas two step alone, and I can't imagine doing it to These Boots are Made for Walkin'. BTW, I really don't like country music or the two-step. Don't tell anyone in Texas.

CD

In Texas, those are called "Ropers". They are common work boots with short heels. They sell Red Wings here.

CD

Those are over 35 years old. However, they don't get worn much in South Asia.

Those kinds of boots aren't worn in Portugal either which is why after I ruined my first pair I couldn't find another one that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. But I still love them.

I can't do a Texas two step alone, and I can't imagine doing it to These Boots are Made for Walkin'. BTW, I really don't like country music or the two-step. Don't tell anyone in Texas.

CD
Well that's a potentially lucrative stage act dead in the water before we even got started. Back to the day job. Oh no, I forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom