Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents are both still alive. They have just moved into a seniors community that is a safer place for them to live at this point in their lives. Almost all of my parents' assets are in accounts that either my sister or I are listed on, or both of us. They are JTROS accounts, so there is really no room fo any fighting, not that there ever would be. It is all pretty much pre-determined.

CD
You are lucky in that your family seem normal. My wife's brother's are greedy a h$%#$. Well 4 of them are. Their wives dont help by being domineering and working behind the scenes.
We have nothing to do with them.
Their loss.

Russ

I am lucky not to have that but similar has happened to other family members, a real shame when people behave in that way.
When dad passed, tvc and I were the only ones with a key so no one else could get in without us present.
Good thinking on your side. When my mum passed my youngest bro and I had keys. My bros wife I'd the bitch from hell. They got to the house earliest by days. I was out of the country. I know for a fact mum kept money in the house. But by the time I got back, there was no trace of any.
Valuable crockery was also missing.
We haven't spoken since.
Another case of a domineering woman over a weak guy.

Russ
Russ

I am lucky not to have that but similar has happened to other family members, a real shame when people behave in that way.
When dad passed, tvc and I were the only ones with a key so no one else could get in without us present.

When my maternal grandfather died, we moved our grandmother from NJ to Houston where my parents live. Some of her relatives were pond scum. They tried to get the antiques so they could sell them. I had to fly up there and lay down the law.

Since the day my mom and dad got started dating, some members my mom's family have been under the impression that my dad was a "made man," meaning tied to the Mafia. We don't know why, but they did, and we never did anything to dispel that rumor. So, when I told them I would be deciding who gets what, there was no further discussion. I think they were afraid of taking a swim in the Passaic. :laugh:

CD

When my maternal grandfather died, we moved our grandmother from NJ to Houston where my parents live. Some of her relatives were pond scum. They tried to get the antiques so they could sell them. I had to fly up there and lay down the law.

Since the day my mom and dad got started dating, some members my mom's family have been under the impression that my dad was a "made man," meaning tied to the Mafia. We don't know why, but they did, and we never did anything to dispel that rumor. So, when I told them I would be deciding who gets what, there was no further discussion. I think they were afraid of taking a swim in the Passaic. :laugh:

CD

Tony soprano lmao.

I just watched a doco on sammy the bull. Very enlightening.

Russ

Good thinking on your side. When my mum passed my youngest bro and I had keys. My bros wife I'd the bitch from hell. They got to the house earliest by days. I was out of the country. I know for a fact mum kept money in the house. But by the time I got back, there was no trace of any.
Valuable crockery was also missing.
We haven't spoken since.
Another case of a domineering woman over a weak guy.

Russ
Russ

It was dad's decision to give us the spare keys not ours as we were the ones who were there for him more than my sister was.

I am flying back home from Houston today. I left the car in the garage at my parents old house. I'll fly down at Thanksgiving and drive it home then. Actually, I'll probably drive down to Port Arthur before I go home.

CD

Pub day today. I had to cancel yesterday as I had Bill's to pay and car rego etc.
Lasagna for lunch then pub with dafyd and an ozzie mate. Gambling will e involved. We have a credit of $80 to invest. I just need to do a load of towels for the komandant.
Everything has a cost!

Russ

The dentist, now for the filling of a small cavity and the covering of an exposed tooth. Not looking forward to it, but happy to be done with it after.
Just sucks that my medical PTSD always gets triggered from visiting a dentist (I don't have medical PTSD from dentists but from being on the ICU twice), basically ruining my day every time I go. I wish you could be knocked out for dentist visits.

Just begged off work today, using my last remaining "occasional absence" day for the year.

I was on-call last week, and on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the worst), it was about a 6 for getting called overnight, and I've got a dental appointment today anyway, so I just decided to take the whole day, and get to a couple of other important tasks, like getting my Christmas lights outside up, and actually cooking supper (something on-call seems to torpedo about half the time).

Just begged off work today, using my last remaining "occasional absence" day for the year.

I was on-call last week, and on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the worst), it was about a 6 for getting called overnight, and I've got a dental appointment today anyway, so I just decided to take the whole day, and get to a couple of other important tasks, like getting my Christmas lights outside up, and actually cooking supper (something on-call seems to torpedo about half the time).

Other than the Christmas lights thing, sounds like a good plan.

CD

Other than the Christmas lights thing, sounds like a good plan.

CD
I've actually been surprised this year. It's not unusual to see outside decorations up, just not lit, because people want to beat the cold weather.

However, driving back from Indy in the dark, I noticed a fair amount of decorations and lights actually turned on, including both businesses and residences. There are 25 houses on my little dead-end road, and five have lights up and on.

Update on my plans:

Overall, good dental report. This is a new dentist, and I'm already very happy with both her and the assistant.

I do, however, need a crown at the very least, and a root canal at the worst, and those aren't as bad as they sound. I also have another filling that is due for replacement. I can handle that.

Plans are changed a bit because they're fitting me in for a cleaning this afternoon, and since the office is about 40 minutes from my house, I'm just staying over here and goofing off a bit, I guess.

Update on my plans:

Overall, good dental report. This is a new dentist, and I'm already very happy with both her and the assistant.

I do, however, need a crown at the very least, and a root canal at the worst, and those aren't as bad as they sound. I also have another filling that is due for replacement. I can handle that.

Plans are changed a bit because they're fitting me in for a cleaning this afternoon, and since the office is about 40 minutes from my house, I'm just staying over here and goofing off a bit, I guess.

Eat something with lots of onions and garlic. Have some Oreos for dessert. :D

CD

Eat something with lots of onions and garlic. Have some Oreos for dessert. :D

CD
I did have them give me the little care package of a toothbrush, paste, and floss, so I can be presentable on my return. :laugh:

Couldn't leave Christmas alone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom