Plans for today (2024)

My nephew's wife is ticked off because they won't let her shower until they tape her IV and the staff is taking their time getting to it. They decided they don't want visitors today, they both need rest. I'll swing over late tomorrow afternoon with some real sugar desserts. My nephew was being a trooper the past several months and he ate sugar-free stuff with his wife in support of her gestational diabetes. So sweet!

Plans include cooking a meal, continuing with the cleaning and airing of the camping kit, some extra sleep and maybe, just maybe a little more cutting of the lawn or alternatively some weeding of the flower beds. I also need to get some work done in the veg plot which might take precedence over the flower beds. There's also a load of washing that needs to go out in an hour's time and I'm ignoring the housework for another day.

What I can't ignore is extra feed for my eldest chook. She's needing hand feeding at the moment. I'm not certain she'll last much longer, but she's had a good, long life and is over 11 years old, so whilst I'll miss her, I won't mourn her passing because she's had 9 years that she wouldn't have had if I hadn't rescued her from being culled because her egg shell quality wasn't good enough to breed from.

I'm also pretty certain that there is something missing off that list that is meant to be on it, but I can't think what!

Work is just work, rarely changes, same with laundry. The mower oil change was the exciting part.

Of course, as soon as I get out there to change the oil, the wind kicks up. During the whole ordeal, I’ve got paper towels and oil container caps and oil filter clamshells blowing around, as well as the stream of draining oil itself, the funnel, just one big windy annoyance.

This is a new mower, so first oil change, and I gave a quick look at the owner’s manual, which said, “You’ll have one of these four types of drain plug configurations,” and then looked at mine…a fifth type not shown. That took a few minutes of fiddling around with to get the oil draining.

Worst part, though, had to be these two sort of decorative-but-also-somewhat-protective plastic screens, one on each side of the engine, conveniently blocking the drain plug on one side and the oil filter on the other.

They popped right off, but getting them back on was nearly impossible. It was an extremely tight space they fit into, and they had to simultaneously slide into these plastic receiving channels at one end while also fitting over these plastic stays along the bottom - if I had four hands, it probably would have been easy, but coming with just the standard two, it was a nightmare fitting them back on.

Work, mowing the lawn before it rains tonight, and I also have to run MrsT down to Cincy for some work do, while I cool my heels in the posh hotel bar.
I’m holding off on the lawn until tomorrow. Friday I have to clean house. Company coming and spending the night. Today. Just assorted odd jobs. Did some fence repair work yesterday and I am sore.

Went to the bank first thing. Then went to the tyre place because I got a flat tyre yesterday, and realised that both the back tyres were pretty old, so double change. Then went to the Mobile/Cellphone company because my new cellphone doesn't want to work properly. BAD news: the band widths used over here are 1700 or 1900 - and mine is neither :hyper: :hyper: :meh: How was I to know that when I bought it??
Now I'm going to do some washing, perhaps, and very little else!

BAD news: the band widths used over here are 1700 or 1900 - and mine is neither :hyper: :hyper: :meh: How was I to know that when I bought it??
That's actually quite a common problem that usually affects phones bought in one country and taken to another. It was something we had to be very aware of when we tried cycling around the world.

Been a tough couple of days and a couple more difficult ones coming but heyho that’s life ay!

Decided to do what the Royal family does and award myself an honour 😂 so I’m having dark chocolate and black coffee for breakfast (after a cup of tea of course), I’m calling it the Dark Days Breakfast Balm 😝
Ooh and I see a little ray of sunshine outside 🌞 ❤️

Focusing on getting some of my dads jobs done this morning (fingers crossed he’s in a better mood today, yesterday he was awful) then I’m going to focus my energies on some kitchen therapy and see what irritations I can turn into stuff cooked with love.

Looking for the good might be a cliché but it helps me keep things positive.

I was planning on having an easy shopping day it the capital, getting copies made, pass photo's done, haircut etc
But, it now looks like I am having to change the fuel filter in my car as it stalls when braking and the revs get low. So the stop start stop type of town travel is not gonna happen.
And the fuel filter is somewhere under the back seat, gonna have to do some googling to figure it all out

Going to deliver some food today for a friend who likes to cook but prefers to eat! 8 portions of meatballs in tomato sauce, Roasted tomato & onion pasta sauce, cashew chicken with black masala and chemeen pappas, a Keralan shrimp dish with 6 different spices and coconut milk.
Then I think I might just re-pot some orchids!

No real plans today beyond work, and I’m hoping that’ll be easy today.

I do have two more of those garlic-provolone sausages to do something with tonight. I don’t really want to go into town for rolls and peppers, so I’m thinking maybe pizza (surprise!). I have some jarred sauce I need to use up and a big hunk of mozzarella.

Back
Top Bottom