Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TVC is grocery shopping and I am cleaning out our guinea boys, that is it plan wise for this weekend. The past 2 months have been full on so we are taking a break this weekend.

Busy, busy...

Besides work, I need to do the laundry, mow the lawn, put down some mulch, spray some weeds, and make a crumble/crisp for the Tahini Takedown.

Well, I got through everything except the lawn. I'll get it this weekend.

The crumble ended up being a real pain, not because it was hard, but just constant false starts.

1PM, I got up to make it. As soon as I got the cookbook open, the dog wanted lunch. Lunch for the dog means going out with her, letting her back in, fixing her plate, doing her meds, and going back out with her after she eats. All told, about 20 minutes.

1:20PM, back to the crumble...and the tumble dryer went off. Got those clothes out and folded, washed clothes into the dryer, dirty clothes into the washer, back to the kitchen.

1:35PM, MrsTasty was having computer issues (which turned out to be nothing), so fully 50 minutes after I started...I started.

The crumble ended up being a real pain, not because it was hard, but just constant false starts.

1PM, I got up to make it. As soon as I got the cookbook open, the dog wanted lunch. Lunch for the dog means going out with her, letting her back in, fixing her plate, doing her meds, and going back out with her after she eats. All told, about 20 minutes.

1:20PM, back to the crumble...and the tumble dryer went off. Got those clothes out and folded, washed clothes into the dryer, dirty clothes into the washer, back to the kitchen.

1:35PM, MrsTasty was having computer issues (which turned out to be nothing), so fully 50 minutes after I started...I started.

Is your dog old? Sounds high maintenance. Feeding Teddy is A) Fill his bowl with kibble. B) nothing, that's it. He's self-regulating. As long as I keep food in his bowl, he eats whenever he wants to.

CD

Is your dog old? Sounds high maintenance. Feeding Teddy is A) Fill his bowl with kibble. B) nothing, that's it. He's self-regulating. As long as I keep food in his bowl, he eats whenever he wants to.

CD
Kate was old five years ago. Now she's ancient (18). She's slowed down quite a bit, but gives every indication that she intends to see 19.

Kate used to be like that, and it's part of what makes her hard to manage now. She's always been a grazer, so when she was on hard food, I'd fill her bowl, and she'd maybe have some at 7AM, or maybe not until 1PM.

She's on soft food now (two kinds) and one of those is refrigerated, so I can't just put it out. She also can't eat a big meal at one time, so she gets fed four times a day, and each feeding is: get some of food 1, mash that up, add some of food 2, mix that in, get some cheese for her meds, hide the pills in that, hide that in the food, choose a topping to make it more interesting (lunchmeat/crackers/dog treat/noodles/toast), add that, put it down and watch her carry a mouthful across the room, drop it, eat half, return for another mouthful, drop that in some other part of the room, until she's done, then pick up after her. Repeat three more times each day. It's exhausting some days.

You don't get a guy in to mow your lawns? It's so much easier!

Russ

Just juiced about 50 lemons, first of the juice is in freezer now. I have enough for about three trays.
These are so handy for cooking. Prolly over 200 still to ripen? Daughter uses a lot with her lemon drizzle cake. I must ask her to make me some.

Russ

You don't get a guy in to mow your lawns? It's so much easier!

Russ

My front yard is maintained by the HOA, including irrigation. 85 bucks a month. Nice thing about that for me is that my neighbor's yards are maintained. In my last two homes, my yard looked great, and my neighbor's didn't give a $#IT.

My back yard is tiny. I can do it in ten minutes. I've just let it go a bit. It's not overgrown, it'e just not as tidy as I would normally keep it.

CD

$75 each time for a lawn service to mow my grass, and that doesn't include weed-whacking/trimming, and seeing how they mow my neighbor's yard, I'd have to do it again anyway.

Looking at the last photo you posted of your lawn, I've been biting my tongue. How short are you cutting it? When it is hot and dry down here, we raise the mower height. The grass copes better, because it is not stressing as much to grow back what was cut off. It still looks manicured, just a bit longer.

Not sure if that works with the grass you have in Ohio, but you might look into it.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom