Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we did get snow, about two inches, but it's a wet, wet heavy snow. Thankfully, it's above freezing and raining all day today, so it should slush away in a bit. I didn't want to have to shovel it (and I like shoveling snow). More snow in the forecast overnight, though, and the temps drop, so maybe a heavy coating of ice in the morning.

Going out to get beer and to try and track down some of those oil-cured olives that I couldn't find at Kroger yesterday. I'm also planning to stop in at Lowe's and get some paint samples for the doors (just off-white) and talk to them about sinks and back-splashes.

Hadn't realised this. What is the specific reason?
Apparently some UK based enterprises (like this and this) have halted international sales at least for a while :(. It has probably to do with the sudden changes in delivery fees and customs duties.

boo_1.PNG

boo_2.PNG

Apparently some UK based enterprises (like this) have halted international sales at least for a while :(. It has probably to do with the sudden changes in delivery fees and customs duties.
Another company selling organic matter was on the news last week, for them each shipment requires expensive certification as to its bio content and lack of contamination to ship to the EU, so it could be that.

It's a cooking day today. I finished up the cannoli cake by pouring ganache on it a bit ago. We're having MypinchofItaly 's Hasselbeck stuffed aubergine, so I sliced it and did the first bake and am letting it cool so I can stuff and then finish it later. Just made a dough for a braided stuffed onion and cheese bread to go with. Already caramelized the onions and they are cooling. Still have to make the pesto and slice the tomatos for the eggplant, grate the cheese for the bread and mix the filling, which also has a mix of flax, sesame and nigella seeds in it. And I need to type up a couple of recipes for the challenge. I was flipping through 1 of our cheffy cookbooks yesterday and got an idea for another challenge recipe, but don't know if I'll have time to get it made since there are 2 more recipes already in the pipeline.

Not a plan for today but the weekend.

This was recommended by another ex-Jamie Oliver forum member. The images looked superb so I decided to give it a go. I've made some adjustments to the recipe already but this is the start of a chicken tikka which should become a chicken tikka masala by tomorrow or Sunday.

Last edited:
Plans today - someone from the home improvement center is coming out to measure for installation of a tile backsplash in the kitchen. Yay!

I’ll start my Saturday pampering myself with a breakfast at a caffetteria with cappuccino and brioche. Then hairdresser. I also have to take my dog to the wash-dog center where a nice dog-washer is waiting for him.
I hope not to get confused with the appointments....

It all sounds so normal. Here we are in lockdown - no shops open unless food shops. No restaurants or bars open and certainly no hairdressers or pooch salons.

But hooray! I just got back from having my first Covid vaccine dose.

It all sounds so normal. Here we are in lockdown - no shops open unless food shops. No restaurants or bars open and certainly no hairdressers or pooch salons.

But hooray! I just got back from having my first Covid vaccine dose.

Hairdressers have reopen about a month ago and so caffetterie, but with restrictions and social distancing of course, no more than 2 people allowed unless are supermarkets - but they have restrictions too. The curfew is still going on. Restaurants are still closed

The endless drizzle from grey skies that has been going on for about 14 days now only serves to exacerbate the feeling that one day is exactly the same as any other day. At least we're getting some Test cricket on the (free-to-air) telly for the first time in many years. Thankfully, for those of us who like cricket, football and rugby, it's a busy weekend, in so much as sitting on the sofa for hours on end could be construed as busy...

I need to make the coleslaw for a future meal. The shredded cabbage gets a boiling hot liquid mixture poured over it and then has to be refrigerated overnight at least. Linda's coleslaw

Yes! Cole slaw, like potato salad needs to be made the day before you eat it. I think that's what you meant, but I get things wrong on occasion (don't tell anyone).

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom